The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

It obviously wasn’t memorable.

1 Like

I was distracted by the well-known Royal loitering at a corner table.

3 Likes

Reading police would like a word.

Reading Police? Are they associated with the Grammar Police?

5 Likes

No, but now the Corny Joke Police have entered the chat.

1 Like

Anyway…

Redmen touting Williams rumours fwiw.

4 Likes

Dear Nico:

Every game you play
Every move you make
I’ll be watching you

• The Police
2 Likes

Williams is a good player who seems poised to kick on and be more dominant again. The athletic gifts are all there and he can beat a man both sides. Slot likes his wingers too.

The only question mark for me is what sort of wages he wants. I’ve seen a few sums bandied about that seem too high for where he is right now as a player, and could have a knock on effect here. We will pay him well if he comes, but he should not be in the top bracket here until he proves it in a Liverpool shirt.

1 Like

Think it’d be fair to say there’s also a second question mark about his current output.
Every chance he kicks on and his numbers improve but unless he does we’d be better off with the lads we’ve got.

The other question is that he’s yet another left winger.

5 goals and 11 assists last year isn’t bad. He’s been electric every time I’ve seen him, though not sure if I’ve reached the required 10 games

1 Like

This is a good point too. I’m sort of operating on the premise that if we sign Williams it will be because Diaz is off. I think a little merry-go-round needs to happen to get there.

Raphina to the Saudis.
Diaz to Barcelona (they will then have the cash for him).
Williams to Liverpool.

If all out current forwards are staying, I don’t see us spending much in that area. Maybe a prospect - Summerville or Minteh or someone like that. But minutes will be scarce, and we’ve also got to see if Doak can be someone who could grow into the first team squad.

1 Like

Current output is also a fair point. In a world where Rodrygo was surplus to requirements at Real Madrid, I’d be all over that as he is proven at the highest level, but the price would be north of 100M.

If we are going to go for someone like Williams (there might be a couple others who are of a similar level, like Bakayoko perhaps) then we would have to be reasonably sure they are about to take a further step up.

1 Like

I’d take Williams in a heartbeat, just for his family’s story and character. It’s just not something you can buy or learn.

1 Like

What’s the special story/character?

Diaz got that and spent 8 weeks looking for his Dad.

1 Like

8 Likes

They spelt “Cauliflower” wrong.

4 Likes

Blumenkohl 1.99€ per head :de: ( :eggplant:)

2 Likes

kind of FIFY