The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Wow. £220K per week seems aggressive for Olise.

Where does that leave Coman?

bizarre move that

On whose side?

Makes sense for the player. Guaranteed domestic trophies (last season was an aberration, next one will be back to normal), guaranteed CL quarter finals, good platform for breaking into the international team.

For the club it’s more of a gamble. High wages for someone so injury prone. Is he really that much of an improvement on what they have?

2 Likes

“Injury prone”

Had a disrupted season for sure, but he played 40 games the season before that, 37 the season before that. He’s basically had one bad hamstring injury and a recurrence of that (rushed back perhaps?), but claims that he’s injury prone, at this stage, are wildly wide of the mark imo.

3 Likes

Coman needs company in recovery, they’re both French, makes sense

1 Like

Don’t ruin the story. Bayern are known to love an injury prone winger, I’m sticking to that.

2 Likes

According to Corriere di Bologna, Liverpool have accelerated talks to sign Riccardo Calafiori, with Bologna looking for around £21.3m to sell the defender. :it:

5 Likes

This is where the conversations about Italians not play well outside of Italy starts :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Handsome: :white_check_mark:

Too far from mom’s kitchen

2 Likes

Nona’s

2 Likes

But if he’s a Califiornian it should be ok.

I’ll get my coat.

2 Likes

If it’s really less than £25m (which I doubt) than it’s a no brainer.

We have three other CBs + Joe Gomez so the new CB will get enough time to get used to our football etc if needed.

We’ve had the customary link to Rabiot this morning. He’s 29 years old, and available on a free. Not going to happen IMO.

3 Likes

Adrian off to Real Betis.

Any half way decent second/third choice options floating about for a reasonable fee or on a bosman?

Think it’s the right time for Kelleher to be moving on too so we might be looking for someone whose a bit better than Adrian anyway. Who’s the next young keeper off the rank from the squad now?

1 Like

It gives me a chance to wheel out my Dirty Dancing line one more time, and say,

“Nobody puts Raby in the corner.”

The signing is almost worth it for that alone. Almost :joy:

3 Likes

We have Jaros, who is coming off an excellent half season at Sturm Graz and is in the Czech squad.

6 Likes

Don’t know too much about Calafiori, but if it happens then I bloody hope we get a good Italian for a change.

:joy:

2 Likes

Think I had a Calafiori in Pizza Express one time…

4 Likes