The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Look man I know he isn’t Klopp but give Arne a chance :wink:

4 Likes

Don’t want to say United are predictable but then…

https://x.com/David_Ornstein/status/1806748226785075440

So no talks, no information relating to talks just the idea they need a CB.

Oh I have missed transfer season :thinking:

2 Likes

We have;

VVD - Best in the world, still.
Konate - Excellent, but injury prone.
Quansah - Excellent, but still young and inexperienced.
Gomez - Good.

Maybe not quite the four needed for a title push.

I’d like a left footer who can also do left back, so we can spare Robbo’s legs a bit as we go. The current trend is to pack central defenders across the backline too.

Calafiori ticks the most boxes.
Maybe Pacho as an alternate?

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Daily Mail reporting that we were trying to get Anthony Gordon this week but Newcastle wanted Quansah as part of it, which we wont do, so no formal offer made.

Article says we may go back in for him if Newcastle are willing to accept a deal without Quansah, which is possible as they are worried about getting a points deduction for breaking PSR rules.

David Lynch reporting it too.
His slant on the story is that Newcastle approached us.

Whilst I’m not sure how credible he actually is, I don’t recall him ever just parroting someone else story as fact. Presume he’s had some info.

1 Like

If this were to happen could that mean there is a good chance of Diaz moving on?

Gordon is shite, swerve

7 Likes

And ugly.

2 Likes

Like for like with Diaz , but four years younger. Makes sense.

Except Diaz is an extremely talented dribbler. Gordon is one of the worst dribblers among wingers in the league.

It would be an astonishing downgrade. As an athlete Gordon has upside - he’s very fast. As a football player its remarkable how poor he is technically. Ultimately at Liverpool you need both physical and technical quality. Gordon is crap.

8 Likes

Don’t know. If Anthony can play both flanks, perhaps he might be seen as a long term replacement for Mo?

Arne reportedly likes to work his wide players hard so likes to have depth to rotate, so it wouldnt necessarily mean someone leaving if Gordon does come here

ANd most importantly, an ex Bitter. Hard swerve from me

1 Like

He is also an ex-Liverpool player, in fairness.

2 Likes

He’s also an ex-red. He was released by our academy when he was 11 or 12.

So he should know better than to cross over to the darklands of Woodenson Park

I’m normally a fairly forgiving person, but 2 things I can’t forgive. Signing for the bitters and signing for the mancs.

Signing Gordon would be another step in me losing what interest I have left in the game.

2 Likes

There’s this, though:

https://x.com/BenBocsak/status/1807009364823232947

I know Carra’s been banging the drum for Gordon for a while. I think he’s a good player but he’s one of the most dislikeable ones in the league, for me at least. It stems from being a diver.

As for Luiz, an incredible dribbler but I don’t see him being a consistent threat in front of the goal. That’s a position I’d like to see the club strengthen but I don’t think that Gordon is the answer.

7 Likes