The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

You might want to check with the Pet Shop Boys

People are sick.

A few weeks there was a story about Jordan Lussey, a player who had to drop down into semi professional football despite being captain of our U18s and a an england youth international. He recently broke his ankle and found his private insurance somehow didn’t cover the cost of the operation and so had to find 10k that he definitely doesnt have to cover the cost of it. James Pearce recently ran a story on Lussey’s experience with it and posted it to twitter. There is one comment on the thread - some fucking chad asking if there is an transfer news :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

https://x.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1808857616291934482?t=Q0LATCK7WWgJg1J3gqee7A&s=19

2 Likes

Saw that on his instagram, I was actually hoping to see Liverpool step in and pay for that.

6 Likes

I mean Trent could probably cover it with the appearance fee from a single gsme

2 Likes

The story - Liverpool academy graduate Jordan Lussey on bad advice, horror injury and feeling of ‘what if?’ - The Athletic

Worth a read. He did get some help from the PFA and a GoFundMe. Interesting also that he was getting help and offers of involvement from LFC prior to the injury too.

3 Likes

Well Liverpool and Brighton had a verbal agreement for Caicedo, and we saw how that went.

2 Likes

3 Likes

So much for the attraction of playing in the CL then!

It like the ship of fools.

I will be very surprised if we shifted Diaz for Gordon where the more pressing need is a RW that can step into CF.

Jota and Gakpo and sometimes Nunez pretty much nails down the LW position.

CF and RW is the worrying part of our offence. Nunez is not that prolific while Salah is getting on in his age.

Michael Edwards is back in charge. I’d expect them to move quietly, as he often did when he was the sporting director.

1 Like

So what does Richard Hughes do then?

He quashes unreliable rumours. This regime is terrible for this thread.

7 Likes

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/07/why-liverpools-sporting-director-expects-another-quiet-month-of-transfers/?

1 Like

Slot’s interview… Expect a “slow July” then more activity post internationals in August. But, who knows essentially.

1 Like

I think in context they were talking about the transfer market as a whole, rather than specifically about Liverpool.

2 Likes

In that part of his comments, yeah that seemed pretty clear.

It did come across though as if none of them are particularly interested in doing any moves now being largely happy with the group they have. I know that is the message you’d want to put forward anyway, but it seems like they are content to sit on their hands and wait for Slot to identify a gap he wants to address. So I’d imagine the only moves we’re going to make this summer are for an Endo like gap filler late in the window or maybe a Harvey like opportunist move whenever it becomes available.

2 Likes

It’s possible January will be busier for us than the summer. I imagine there are a few gaps to think about, but there probably won’t be enough time before the season starts to get it all sorted out.

1 Like

This a terrible time for Unreliable Rumours :cry:

1 Like