The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Whenever his mugshot pops up on the screen with his nose arcing down to meet his chin, and his chin arcing up to meet his nose at the halfway point - Can’t help being reminded about the old style punch & judy puppet show…!
I have no idea why that keeps happening

3 Likes

Terrifying!

2 Likes

Spot on. Would be the business I’d be hoping we do this summer. Would be nice to get a proper left back addition too but much like an addition up top, that would be dependent on an outgoing (but I’d be looking for a right sided attacker rather than another left sided one as I think Gakpo could claim that LW spot as his own.)

CB and DM positions are key for me. Great if the CB could do a bit at LB too if we’re not getting an upgrade on Tsimikas. I’d be getting Bajcetic out on loan to build his fitness up and then looking at him replacing Endo next summer all being well.

No concerns over carrying a bigger squad in Slot’s first season whilst he works out who fits his ways best. There’s a guaranteed extra two CL games with the prospect of another two in order to qualify for the last 16. The domestic cups give fringe and young players opportunities to play. Then there’s the small matter of all the usual injury woes compounded even further by all the football being played this summer.

If ever there was a case for a bigger squad than normal, this season is it. Couple really strong additions in the spine of the team sets us up nicely.

11 Likes

If we sell Diaz, I’d rather replace with Nico Williams. This 21 year old Spaniard has blazing speed and the upside to become a great left winger.

1 Like

As I watch the euros Cody Gakpo is impressing. I half wonder if he might grab the left wing spot?

There’s a sense in which he was auditioning for Slot as he put in that dominant display today.

Williams has a big future though.

It’s hard to know what to think :thinking:

2 Likes

Are we still interested in this eejit?

I am not sure I trust a person who grows Tamarind pods on his head.

1 Like

I don’t care about what’s on his head but with what’s inside his head and his bags of skill he will fit right in at Liverpool my biggest worry is whether he is even remotely interested in coming to us?

8 Likes

It’s like watching a different player. Fearless, direct, never-say-die, with the added intermittent big boy sulking. Then there’s the small matter of goals and assists.

That said, Diaz also plays very well for his national team but I’d say he’s reached his ceiling at Liverpool, whereas there should be much more to come from Gakpo - or at least I hope his compatriots from the new coaching staff will get the most out of him, in a way similar to how he plays for his national team.

It’s funny how this time last year I thought he could be a great centre forward, eh… Now I can’t think of him playing any role but left wing.

6 Likes

Gakpo isn’t anything special. He’s been here for 18 months and really hasn’t shown much. He’s had some good games but generally, performances aren’t that high. Nothing more than a squad player.

We need a real injection of quality in this team. There’s a good few starting positions which need upgrading.

1 Like
1 Like

Just an enquiry? Is that all the news we have? Don’t leave me this way!

3 Likes

Hey, 'genuine Interest‘. That’s pretty concrete for an unreliable rumour.

2 Likes

All I know is the rumour has started a fire down deep in my soul. If it goes well if could satisfy a need in me.

5 Likes

Maybe something you Ait?

3 Likes

The unreliable part of this thread is being extinguished by sheer boredom. No rumours what so ever.

1 Like

It is not something you will likely have been told many times before, but you need to brush up on your 80s gay dance music icons.

3 Likes

I’m only here for the reports of fake interests.

Go easy on him. He’s just a smalltown boy.

5 Likes

What have I done to Deserve This?

4 Likes