The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

If he signs for us, he’ll find that he’ll get booked every time he dives. That’ll soon put an end to it.

8 Likes

I don’t care if he’s scouse, grew up as a Liverpool fan and played in the academy. I’ve seen enough of him to say he is a shit footballer and an unlikeable twat - that’s from what I remember in the games he played against us.

Feel like this kind of interest would never happen under Klopp.

Guess times have changed already :pensive:

4 Likes

Rumours of our alleged interest in Gordon were popping up when Klopp was here. This isn’t the first time we’ve been linked to the player.

5 Likes

Because Klopp would still be trying to get us to sign Gotze

6 Likes

Edwards might be thinking that if we sign Gordon, it might rock the boat of the academy… in that, it would prove that if you move away from us at a young age… we have no qualms at bringing you back at a cost £50m…!
Nah, can’t see this one happening - ever.!

2 Likes

I’m deliberately prolonging everyone’s agony. :supervillain:

4 Likes

Unrelated question, anyone know how you can ban a site admin?

8 Likes

Depends, was it an official or unofficial act?

8 Likes

Who decides whether it was official or not though?

If it is incriminating and the President is in hot water, it will be official business, so no problem. If it is litigated, as it looks fishy, it will go to the Supreme Court and they will check carefully, and find it was all ok, as it was official business.

1 Like

8 Likes

It is the first time that I want manure to gazump us on the alleged transfer of Gordon

1 Like

There is going to be a lot of posters rowing back in the next few weeks, I fear.

This is all going to get very messy. The club are actively briefing against the player, and throwing him under the bus regarding the collapsed transfer.

It seems obvious that Newcastle tried to sell Gordon to Liverpool because of PSR concerns.

Having failed to do that deal, Newcastle are now suggesting (via patch journalists) that he was the instigator of the move, Liverpool have acted dishonourably, and he now needs to apologise to make everything OK again.

4 Likes

I dont get it. Who will have to row back what they’ve said, and why?

2 Likes

Anyone who doesn’t want him signed?
If he signs…??

Just one example of why I don’t think its a good idea to do business with these clubs.

“We have a bog standard speed merchant we need to sell to stay inside these financial rules, you interested?”
“Well hiring coaches is going slowly and we do need someone to put out cones at training. OK, what price are you thinking?”
“How about 40m and you give us the best young English defender?”
“I think this a non-starter”
“You are so mean, Anthony was very excited!”

10 Likes

After the stick VVD got from ex players this time he got much better protection from his midfield Gakpo confirmed in the after match interview that they defended as a team

3 Likes

It was Newcastle’s fault the deal went sour because they wanted Quansah as part of the deal but the club rightly told them to piss off
And pulled out of the whole thing that’s what you get when you try to be smart with Edwards

2 Likes

Actually, thats something that got me wondering when the news first broke whether we had been caught trying to pull a fast one and Newcastle asked for a player they knew we would say no to letting go.

1 Like

May as well get it out of the way now.

Everton/Newcastle player- He’s an ugly, diving, yappy little prick.

Liverpool player- Boyhood fan, skilful, scores goals and works hard for the team.

9 Likes