The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I’m kind of with @rab on this one. Think about the way any transfer works. Anyone coming in will have been identified by data and scouting. That player will not train in person with the manager. The data would have pointed to a player, scouts would watch live matches, and likely every bit of film for the last 12-18 months would be watched. The player and manager would speak on the phone as things progress. The existing squad is even more straightforward. The club already knows those players and surely Slot has all possible info at his disposal. I’m also with @RedOverTheWater. I think we already pretty much know what we are going to do. Negotiations are taking place and the club is trying to navigate outgoings with the incomings. I am relaxed and absolutely believe we will do business this summer. We are in very good shape and only certain players can improve this squad, so they need to be patient and get it right.

2 Likes

This is exactly part of what I was trying to get over to Rab, but also from Arne’s point of view not only can he see the personality of a player but his willingness to learn, improve and adapt.

5 Likes

truth is in the middle somewhere, yeah?

of course Slotts input would be valued, required.

but ‘the show must go on’, and Slotts first pre season shouldnt be spent quickly working out the personalities and dynamics of the squad.

can we just say, the club should be actively pursueing players, but anyone who might be considered a ‘statement signing’ or ‘marque’, so to say, should wait for his input.

a robertson, a winjaldjim etc etc should be pursued however

1 Like

Etc etc is no better than what we already have.

1 Like

Strangely (and respectfully) I think my opinion is the exact opposite of this. If you can get a marque signing who is obviously a level above, do it regardless, otherwise, there’s not currently any space in the squad for a Gini or Robertson. Not until some have been shifted out anyway.

4 Likes

I would be wary of not seeking his input on any signing as he will have ideas as to how he wants the team to play - and perhaps where the club should prioritise recruitment. Bringing in one player could easily have a domino effect on the squad regardless of whether it is a marquee or not, it therefore makes sense to have the coach in agreement. Secondly, we want to be sure the the recruitment team understand fully what Slot is looking for in a player (the recruitment staff at Feyernoord have talked about this approach being part of their success under him).

1 Like

Difference being, one is the boss gauging how someone might fit within an organisation whilst Slot is a new person gauging how he’ll work with the existing group. Totally different dynamic and a CV is very different from having access to footage of every day they’ve worked and every performance metric possible on which to judge them.

Ultimately Slot isn’t going to rock up and say I don’t like Curtis Jones so let’s get him sold. Curtis wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t a professional and possess the right character. What matters is can they deliver what you need and a lot, but not all, of that can and is assessed away from the pitch.

1 Like

Fair enough. I’m happy to let Hughes have sway on the timing of deals. August. Crescendo across the market. Hopefully we close a couple of deals too.

I agree that it would be remiss if we do not. Onwards and upwards!

Supposedly, this is dependent upon Virg leaving …

Liverpool have been told they will need to submit a £50m bid to land Juventus and Brazil defender Bremer, 27. (Football Insider)

2 Likes

He’s played the right number of games for LFC analysis metrics (>160).

Can’t add much on the player.

Bremer River is the most polluted in Queensland, however.

1 Like

I think from an unreliable rumour prospective, this summer is top notch. Fans panicking, journalists writing anything, agents spreading lies and nothing from the club. Rumours running rampant on spreadsheets.
Imagine if we bought our players in the first week, how do they sell papers.

4 Likes

Isn’t it mostly these knob head youtubers panicking?

3 Likes

Don’t think my dick is falling off, though haven’t seen it much since my guts concealed it, either.
It does seem to me that we need one or two incomings and the closer we get to the end of the window the more likely it is that players we may want are gone or aren’t available, anymore.
While bringing in three new heads that apparently are responsible for this is probably not ideal,it happens!Pretty sure they would have some handle on what is here though,Slot has probably seen an awful lot of video but needs to run the rule over the current players, but time does not stand still.

Guys if your dick fell off, don’t worry, there is hope

We’ve reached a certain level.

Please sign someone Hughes :joy:

6 Likes

yeah,

good point actually.

1 Like

No drawings till now. We may have hope still.

1 Like

Has anyone thought this might be about Slot wanting to project an good impression?

He’s got 25 egos to manage going forward, and these a lads are all mates with each other.

Let’s say Slot thinks we need to improve at DM. How does that land with Endo, if Slot is bombing him out before he’s even had a look at him? How does it land with Endo’s mates?

I really like Endo and Bajcetic as a pair, as long as there are no fitness issues, but if we did get a new one there is a world of difference between “Wataru mate, I’ve been looking at how you’ve done in these pre season games, and I think I’m looking for something a bit different” and “Wataru mate, I don’t rate you and I don’t need to see you to know I want a new DM”.

4 Likes

its Liverpool football club, not the Dog and Duck…

4 Likes

He’s on his way to doing that is he not? Jarrell, Szobo and now Jones have all spoken highly of him, already communicated with the other lads who aren’t yet back training with the group. Yes he might be bald but he’s a smart dude who has worked with a completely new squad before.

With regards to the DM position and Endo specifically, didn’t he come out a few weeks ago and say it’d be a wise move to bring in a new 6? Do you think these players have never seen someone else being bought in their positions before? We buy players to strengthen the team and the players already here, not to push someone out the door like some trash bag, we’re not Chelsea FC. The guy had a brilliant season but he’s not someone who’s gonna play 50 games for the next 3-4 years is he?