The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Anyone know why we have not snapped Fiorentina’s hand off for Amrabat?
27, strong, powerful seems just the player we need for £26m?
Does he only want manure?

Strong, powerful and crap?

2 Likes

He seems more a reactive player than proactive. He’s also likely to get a high number of yellows and consequently reds in the PL as he doesn’t read the game the way we would need a 6 to. I do like some of his passing from the back but I’m not sure we need him making Hollywood passes from that position, and our setup might not be ideal for that. He be facing a lot of deep defences and they’d see those passes coming.

1 Like

We have a QB already…

sorry, couldn’t resist

Because we don’t want to buy him.

2 Likes

It would appear we deemed Endo a better fit, better player, and/or better value. Having completed that deal, I don’t think Amrabat makes any sense at all now.

2 Likes

He had a decent world cup - but @sweeting highlighted at the time his numbers at club level werent particularly good and performances in international games cant be trusted. Since then it sounds as if he and his agent have been working overtime to get a big move - which is perhaps telling itself.

Amrabat is a textbook example of a world cup signing were any big club to sign him. I cannot imagine he’d have anywhere near to the top of list of players we were tracking and for as well as he played in the world cup, that is not going to outweigh the much longer history of being just ok.

4 Likes

I guess we will sign Gravenbach. The new Sporting Director is comfortable with German League. So I would say it’s highly probable we sign him and also his price seems to be 25 million.

Predicting we won’t sign anyone unless we get beaten at the weekend.

Anyone know what happened to Neuhaus he was on our radar a while back.

It’s the kind of player Jorg may pick up on, kind of feel that’s the type of signing that may happen (not him particularly).

Something that is probably going to happen. For now short in midfield and Newcastle will be highly motivated after being beaten this weekend .

Probably just got some Rolexes.

I remember seeing that he lost his place in the team a couple of years ago - not sure he’s responded to that though.

2 Likes

Seems to still be playing regular though 23 games last season was a drop off.

As I said a player like him rather than him anyhow.

Waiting for the post-match TAN meltdown… :grimacing:

I can feel it coming already :rofl:

Darwin Nunez winner, nailed on. I removed him from my fantasy team as it is hard to get points when you aren’t playing.

When he does nab the winner, I am claiming the assist.

2 Likes

Supposedly we have agreed personal terms with Andre.
His team has also reportedly rejected a ‘verbal’ 25m offer.
Fluminese is still in Copa Libertadores. If the reason they are saying NO is because of this competition then the earleist they could get knocked out is August 31st which is their 2nd leg vs Olimpia.