The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

So why do we not just do the deal now, include a loan back for 6 months to allow him to see out the Brazilian season and their Cope Liberatores (4th Novemember if they reach the final) which would then mean we can get him moved over in December which allows him the time to get the family over and settled, can get a start on an ENglish course and still be able to get into Kirkby to get up to speed with fitness and meeting the rest of the lads - seems piss easy to me

4 Likes

Why would we pay an extra Ā£10-15m to get him now then load him back!?

1 Like

That extra Ā£10-15m can be recouped through loan fees and them paying his wages for the loan period, so doesnā€™t cost us

Because his current season started in January (yes some of it is pretty low quality and all but heā€™s still been playing and training) and Fluminense are playing through to early December.

People think we can just drop him in come January and heā€™s going to be fresh and up to speed for the second half of the season?

If itā€™s not now, them whatā€™s the point for the second half of the season. Might as well wait until the summer and see where the land lies then.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m not as young as I used to be :yum:

If Liverpool waits till next summer itā€™s going to be the same situation. His club will be competing in the Copa Libertadores and wonā€™t want to sell. Round and Round we go!

This is why the best time to buy South American players is in the winter window when their season is over and they can plan for replacements.

Iā€™m not worried about fatigue. Itā€™s not like Klopp will push Andre into a starting role right away. Heā€™ll have time to get acclimated, get some practices in, maybe even get a week of rest first, etc.

Who knows though, if Gravenberch comes in, we might not go for Andre at all which is a shame as I feel like heā€™s a superior prospect to Gravenberch. But from what I hear, weā€™ve actually sent people out to speak to Bayern to feel out a possible deal.

So we buy him now, donā€™t get him until the season is half done, then he gets rested up and wonā€™t really play.

How exactly does that help us? If weā€™re not expecting to get much from him this season then we may as well wait until the summer to see who else might be available.

Itā€™s also not as if south American players donā€™t ever move during our summer window. Theyā€™d sell him now if the price was right.

LFC have a made a summer out going for players that either a) dont want to play for them or b) are unattainable.
The 2nd half of the window has been a mess after a promising start. Not long left of it!

1 Like

Aside from Caicedo choosing Chelsea, who are you even talking about?

3 Likes

Lavia suddenly lost interest too,could be to do with pay days.!

1 Like

Seeing a lot on Kevin Phillips at the moment. Rubbish paper talk I assume?

Boubacar Kamara just got a guernsey on TIA,anything in it?I donā€™t know of him.

[quote=ā€œrab, post:311, topic:3778, full:trueā€]
Itā€™s also not as if south American players donā€™t ever move during our summer window. Theyā€™d sell him now if the price was right.[/quote]

And maybe they wouldnā€™t because of their involvement in the Copa Libertadores. As for loaning him back, according to the tweet in the Andre thread, the window for loans in Brazil is closed. That does seem strange if the window for transfers is still open.

If we were to up the ante to 40 million euros, could they still refuse to deal even though we would have supposedly triggered the release clause?

Saw a link earlier but it was attributed to that filthy rag

Nah their window is closed, ours is still open so we could buy but couldnā€™t loan back.

1 Like

Yupā€¦thats right. Either we need to hit the release clause or negotiate a price with them for transfer in the next 7 days or bid only during January.

A guernsey? What that? Is it some kind of rhyming slang, or is it your phoneā€™s predictive text?

Well this is it. If thereā€™s a clause and we trigger it, they would sell. He might choose to stick around but if im him, im not turning down the move to a big European club.

Iā€™d also be against the idea of agreeing anything now with a view to him coming in January. You donā€™t know if heā€™s going to get injured, who else might be available in January or even if heā€™s the player you want to come in at that point. Maybe weā€™ve had an injury crisis at centre back and we need to do business there instead but weā€™ve already committed a load of money to a centre mid whoā€™s coming off the back of a full season already.

I see us waiting until late in the window now and seeing who might be available for a cut price deal. Maybe itā€™s this lad if his team get knocked out, maybe itā€™s Gravenberch because Bayern decide they can move him on. Maybe itā€™s someone else but I donā€™t see us doing anything else until the last couple days of the window and even then itā€™ll have a sense of opportunism about it.

2 Likes

this lad from brazil, Lavia - thats 2

Havenā€™t we signed an entire new starting midfield?

2 Likes