The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Setting aside the fact that Edwards is not the Director of Football at Liverpool FC, can I just note:

Edwards left in 2022. This means he was responsible for giving Origi and Oxlade-Chamberlain their extended contracts and letting those contracts run down and expire. Not to mention signing Keïta, Thiago, and many of those players “proven to be as brittle as Weetabix”. Can’t have it both ways.

2 Likes

Was he known to have cream crackered legs before we signed him?

Seems people forget that Endo put in some decent performances last season.
There is no talk of an established DM coming in, so selling a more than capable squad member would be stupidity.

Maybe we are buying a DM. Bacjetic is a good player with a great future. Bit too early to saddle him wih huge responsibility.

11 Likes

I think the logic is that there would be if Endo was moved on.

1 Like

And he left because he wanted to move as he felt the physicality of the league too much for him. Otherwise we probably would have had him stay for a few years longer.

1 Like

Learned those lessons, won’t be doing them again :wink:

1 Like

You have just described Jones as well, just add on constantly injured.

5 Likes

Considering the market we can’t be expected to sell for that low.

Hopefully there’s nothing in this.

https://x.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1817934970314281455?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Have you seen much of him to hope there is really nothing in it? If we are in for him, I trust the team to get more right than wrong.

1 Like

Text my mate who lives in the Netherlands asking about him.

He said “I’ve no idea why you keep messaging me about random Dutch footballers. I don’t know who any of them are and I don’t like football. Please stop.”

Make of that what you will.

18 Likes

He’s acount is under illegal spying by Aby Dhabi so he is giving you a heads up not to reveal who our real targets are. :wink:

I’m sold, sign the fucker up.

As far as your mate goes, is his name James Pearce by any chance?

2 Likes

van den Berg is like every player on FM that I’ve got on the transfer list and put their asking price at their market valuation…

“You’re asking price is too high!” :rage:

6 Likes

He came on in the first half vs England. Wasn’t a great match overall but I remember a few sequences in the second half with some nice passing and movement by Netherlands midfield and I immediately thought ‘hope Slot teaches our midfield to play like that’.

1 Like

Do you need elite at every position to win the PL or the CL?

Lucky with injuries :white_check_mark:, good coaching :man_shrugging:and a top professional :white_check_mark: - good to go!

9 Likes

Salah to Saudi for 200 million. Trigger Olmo and Nico Williams release clauses. Won’t mind Anthony Gardon if we can’t get Nico. Buy Gyokeres or Ivan Toney. I just don’t want us to lose Salah on a free considering how skint we are. Sign Hincape or Inacio. It will take another few years to build a squad with quality without Salah’s money. We can’t just replace Salah one to one as there isn’t any direct replacement. But we will have a well rounded squad just like what we did with Coutinho.

1 Like

There is no suggestion that a £200m offer is on the table for Mo, and even less suggestion that he would accept such a proposal.

And a rebuild is unnecessary. This squad finished third, while navigating an injury crisis.

13 Likes

Phil Neville has 6 league winner’s medals

5 Likes