The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I just hope they do come with a huge offer like last year or he signs a new two year deal. We just cant let him go for free. We have lost so many players on free and our owners arent big spenders.

Do you need elite at every position?

Great question. Iā€™ll go back and see what others might have said, but from my perspective, no, you do not need elite at every position.

The team is the star. Hard work. Good pros. Good coaching. It can all go a long way.

At our level, improvements are quite hard to come by as we are already near the top. As I look at the level of the players we have on the books, we can upgrade Endo.

I like the fella and he is a solid pro. If we keep him, great. If we sell and bring another in for the 6 role, I expect them to be better than Endo.

Edit:
Iā€™m only talking about the possibility of Endo going in light of the news that we turned down a bid. From that I take it there is interest, and we are looking at bringing a different midfielder in to improve our balance.

If we arenā€™t bringing another in, keep Endo!

I donā€™t give a damn as long as we keep winning.

1 Like

Yes but that comes at a cost, literally and in practice - oftentimes, ā€œperfect is the enemy of the goodā€.

1 Like

You can upgrade that position but does it actually make all that much difference to the team?

If his game is too limited to fit in a Slot set up, that is one thing but replacing with a better player on paper just because we can is another.

Liverpool have just been linked to Victor Osimhen. Pricetag is reportedly 90m euros/76m pounds range. This would be a dream signing if it came true. The lad is clinical and would finish a lot more chances than Nunez.

Nunez still has potential but I would not mind moving him on if we sign Osimhen.

1 Like

Source?

So Napoli put a 130m clause in his contract 6 months ago but now theyā€™re going to let him go for 40m less? Thatā€™s the whole reason PSG said nah ah, heā€™d be a PSG or Chelsea player by now if he was available for that.

I can kill this 1 dead in itā€™s tracks for you, itā€™s not happening.

2 Likes

All we need is for @Nikola to open a thread now.

5 Likes

Veerman is the midfielder that Koeman subbed out 20 minutes into the Austria match, because heā€™d given the ball away a half dozen times. Looks good against Eredivisie competition, but out of his league in internationals. Hard swerve for me.

3 Likes

Is this a one game scouting report or have you seen him playing for PSV? Not doubting what you say is true Iā€™m just not sure international football should be the barometer here - for example if heā€™s in a well drilled machine at PSV then perhaps the Dutch team is completely different in their patterns of play and thus him giving the ball away is because heā€™s looking for passes that his teammates arenā€™t in position for etc.

I donā€™t know, never seen the lad play, I just donā€™t trust international football or international coaches.

2 Likes

https://x.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1818009716439793826

Sadly an aging Endo played more games than most of our younger midfielders. As a stop gap measure he certainly stopped and gapped.

Wouldnā€™t serious consider selling Endo unless we have a decent replacement lined up.He has generally been solid and doesnā€™t appear to be a whinger,if he is happy why not keep him.Obviously he will need to be replaced at some point but for now it may place too much pressure on Bajetic,so only with an incoming decent player.

Yes, Iā€™ve watched him both at club and country. Donā€™t think he would add anything to LFC. We have better players in our midfield now. Veerman would be at best a squad player, IMO.

2 Likes

Desperation for a ā€œmarquee signingā€ and winning the transfer window?

All the players we are being ā€œLinkedā€ with remind me of Rogers signings like Borini and Allen - utter shite no one else would touch.

3 Likes

In that case weā€™d be linked with Feyenoord players, wouldnā€™t we?

@rab, you got any Italian friends you can text?

1 Like

Re my post I think journos are frustrated we have no real concrete links to anyone bar Gordon. They keep saying every team have signed a player except us so have linked us to every player Slot has ever stood within 10 feet of.

I still think Gordon will happen.