The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

It’s cyclical with the journos and online fans - the clamour for news/information becomes unbearable.

I’ll continue to remain calm (as quite a few are on here), with the safe knowledge that Edwards likes to run a very tight ship, so would not expect any information being leaked until the club are pretty much posting leans. Anyone who thinks the bods involved in player transfers are doing fuck all are being silly, to put it politely.

The squad remains competitive, with a couple/handful of medium-long term issues to resolve, contracts of Virgil, Trent and Salah aside, which doesn’t concern me personally too much (I think they all extend their deals).

Is Gordon even genuine?

We’re all praying that it’s not.

9 Likes

Nah not me. Id have him.

6 Likes

There was undoubtedly something in the Gordon interest.

As a player, I really like him. Although I think he is more suited to running at defences on stretched pitches - not sure about the packed defences we usually have to break down.

1 Like

I really don’t think there is much substantive there and I am really not a fan.

2 Likes

Not a fan.

Even if he scores a goal against Everton for us which gets the bitters relegated , I still won’t like him.

All the reliable journalists have said we like him. Whether or not we get him, there is definitely something there.

Besides Romano (who often operates as a paid tout), who else?

1 Like

Gary off YouTube.

2 Likes

Romano is the President of the unreliable rumours association.

2 Likes

Just reading in the other Unreliable thread, that we are after a defensive midfielder, it isn’t a DM we want it is a controlling midfielder AKA Rodri type!

Players like Ugarte, aren’t what we need in the system that Slot plays

I wouldn’t worry it’s so vague to be useless… The “football insider” :joy:

Yeah I doubt we would pursue that type of player - I especially doubt we would go after Ugarte in particular after he has struggled to keep his place at PSG.

yeah I just used Ugarte as an example as people have mentioned him as a possible option

1 Like

I genuinely don’t know if Echo can be considered a reliable source anymore - but I still posted Gorst’s article about Gomez being used as makeweight in a deal for Gordon. There were actually rumours months back about how Gomez would leave the club this summer. Would people be happy if he was sold for 45 million pounds?

2 Likes

Not if he is being used as a makeweight for the diving bluenose prick.

If it is because we are bringing in an upgrade at CB and he is chosing to leave to get playing time I can accept it.

3 Likes

I like Joe but he’s not been able to make a spot his own in the last few years despite the fragility of Matip and Konate and the long term injury and recovery of an aging van Dijk.

He’s an okay centre back but we lose our attacking edge when he plays fullback. Be madness to turn down £45m for him.

5 Likes

In his defence, he got injured I think slightly before VVD (they both wnet down within a few weeks of each other), but his recovery was a lot longer. Virgil defently returned before Gomez

1 Like