The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Just let me know which airport he needs to get to.

& herein partly lies the problem. His reliability will always be questionable.

Itā€™s basically just to cover part of Gordonā€™s fee.

If we were offered 45m up front then youā€™d have to consider it.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t want us to sell Gomez. However, if he now decides, at 27 years old, he wants a guaranteed starting spot in a consistent position, then I guess heā€™d need to move on. Ā£45m is also a decent bit of dosh.

I see Geertruida is still being linked with moves away from Feyenoord. Still hasnā€™t actually moved anywhere, and as a lazy link, heā€™s just as versatile, and could drop straight in as the defensive utility player.

Re:Gomez Where is this Ā£45m figure coming from ?

Same place that thinks Southport is Stockport?

10 Likes

Reminds me of when I used to book tickets via the Virgin Trains telephone service (yeah it was the way to get cheap fairs around 2001).

Every time without failure I had to correct Stockport to Southport.

I guess I wonā€™t have to explain where I am from now anymore.

3 Likes

Ian Doyle from The Echo.

I like Gomez and his versatility is an asset. With that said, if he wants to move in order to play, and we receive a good offer - 45M is a good offer - I would take it.

He is down the pecking order as a central defender, and you would have to think we are bringing another in, so it feels a bit like the writing could be on the wall.

2 Likes

Southend right?

3 Likes

Itā€™s August. As in not July anymore.

3 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for the ā€˜crescendoā€™ in August after the quiet July.

Here it comesā€¦
OPEN THE FLOODGATES

6 Likes

Er ā€¦ I think theyā€™re Guinea pigs, not lemmings.

That is what you meant, right?

Nah, Iā€™m probably wrong again.

Also mentions Carvalhoā€™s possible permanent departure.

I can see reasons for keeping Carvalho, perhaps others might not, but if JG wants to leave in order to nail down a regular place at some other PL club then fair play to him. He made the Euros squad but thereā€™s no way heā€™s making the next WC squad if he isnā€™t playing regularly at somewhere thatā€™s in the spotlight.

2 Likes

Yeah, and it simplifies the conversation about a CB. There are ways you can view to think we dont kneed to do anything at the back - Gomez as the 4th CB, and with Bradley now established we have 2 options at either FB. With Gomez out it all of a sudden clarifies the needs of having to go out and get someone who can challenge Quansah and Ibou which in some ways is an easier job that going out and finding someone of the right stature to fit into the role you need them to play.

4 Likes

Think Gomez leaving also provides some clarity for Sepp. Moves Sepp immediately into the top 4 CBs, allows us to look for someone possibly for the future rather than right now and likely provides more game time for Sepp as well

3 Likes

Isnā€™t van den Berg able to play across the backline too?

Think he did some right full back on loan.