The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

we live in hope

2 Likes

Increased hope now that Nikola hasnā€™t started the thread.

4 Likes

Yes, I have been reading for some time that Zubi does not want to leave Spain and to be honest I have given up hope. But Joyce would not post a rumour if there is no chance tbf

1 Like

Yeah and I think there has been talks with player (hopefully) as well before making interest clear

The last midfielder we bought from Sociedad turned out to be a bit alright, hopefully this guy turns out ok as well

6 Likes

Heā€™s a very good player and I hope we sign him. It would be a real shame if it has been built up like this, and all it ends up in is talks that donā€™t lead to signing him. Because the news is out that we are exploring a deal, I suspect it is farther along and will hopefully be confirmed soon.

When our transfers were operating most smoothly under Edwards, it seemed the work was all but done behind the scenes before anyone got wind of it. By the time we knew we were negotiating, the deal was usually all but wrapped up.

If we are getting back to that, this is very hopeful.

3 Likes

Discuss others here. Thereā€™s already a Zubimendi thread.

2 Likes

@_pauljoyce

: Arne Slot wants

@LFC

to play more possession-based and strengthening the CDM role with a technical player has been a priority. It seems he wants to move away from Wataru Endo, who was signed last summer from Stuttgart after Liverpool

3 Likes

If we are looking at a 2-1 double pivot, obviously with all players able to interchange and pass and move very well, I see:

Szoboszlai/Elliott

Ahead of

Mac Allister/Jones Zubimendi/Gravenberch

It is very tasty indeed.

Bajcetic either stays as a back up, or perhaps of greater benefit, since he has missed so much football and needs to play, a good loan move.

It would mean Endo is sold, and some of our other younger players will be sold or loaned out too, which will be for the good of their career.

If this is the midfield we end up with , Slot isnā€™t messing around.

2 Likes

NEW: Liverpool have earmarked Zubimendi as a top target to strengthen a No 6 department that has been a clear area in need of improvement for some time. It comes after a lengthy due diligence and scouting process.

@LewisSteele_

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Our midfield depth in this scenario is crazy. Assuming this gets done Iā€™m
Hoping the next move is to bring in a central defender.

1 Like

not a fan of #ITK folk but credit to @AnfieldSector who broke this late last night on X

1 Like

Evidently it does indeed put Zubimendi in the picture :eyes:

3 Likes

From the youth ranks Iā€™d say the midfielders who should be happy with system revolving around highly technical/mobile midfielders should be Bobby Clark, Stefan Bajcetic, Trey Nyoni and Ben Trueman. Kieran Morrison also he is a winger currently but I could see him move infield similar to Curtis Jones. James Balagizi fits the bill too but I think now aged 20, turning 21, and having had two injury plagued seasons his chance is probably gone.

Not as confident for McConnell or Morton.

7 Likes

I might be wrong, but didnā€™t he turn down a move to Arsenal earlier this year?

1 Like

Yeah, but they qualified for the CL for the first time in ten yearsā€¦

1 Like

He has long been linked to Barca and some other moves previously have seemingly broken down due to his desire to keep himself available for them when they eventually go from tapping him up to actually trying to buy him. He is 24 now and so cannot stay in that mode forever

4 Likes

The lengthy due diligence process identifies the player who would have been identified by doing a google search of ā€œtop rated creative deep CMsā€

5 Likes

Pages and pages of Content Management Systems is what you get with that Google search :wink:

4 Likes

Sweeting would have sent his list in much earlier.

Edwards out.

1 Like