The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Whining and diving for Newcastle, thankfully

2 Likes

Tchouameni, Caicedo, Lavia rejected us. Only in Caicedoā€™s case did we have a plan B - Lavia. Iā€™m not sure that the worldā€™s best operate in that way, i.e. identify only one target and stick with it until we get rejected. Surely there are many good players who can play the role that weā€™re looking for? If we canā€™t get 10/10, why canā€™t we get 9/10 option instead of a stop-gap like Endo? Would Man City or Real Madrid do it the same way as us?

1 Like

Maybe there isnā€™t another 6 available that is seen as an improvement on what we currently have

Thatā€™s not how we operate, and itā€™s not exactly news. Served us quite well those past 9 years.

Why do we struggle to sign players? Even a shit show like chelsea can sign players in 30 hours. United brought in 5 by tomorrow.

Our need for the type of 6 we require under Arne, is a completely different role to what we were considering under Jurgen and far removed from what Fab offered.

A controlling midfielder is hard to find

1 Like

Exactly. We want an upgrade to our 6. He said heā€™d be interested so we move. All fine.

He changes his mind. Okay, not great but happens.

We go ā€œcool well that was our one. No other opportunities to improve that position so weā€™ll chuck Nyoni in there if it comes to it.ā€

I donā€™t really mind getting turned down by Zubimendi. But to they say thereā€™s no one else that could do a better job there than Jones, Szobo, (never played that role), our right back and a 17 year old with about four first team minutes under his belt is just ridiculous.

Also weirdly no mention of Bajcetic in those reports that have come out of players who can play there by Nyoni gets a name check.

2 Likes

Lavia you will never know if he did or didnā€™t because we never got to the stage of arranging a fee with Saints. Tchouameni had the real draw so its only Caicedo in real terms.

No they didnā€™t reject us, they chose a different club either for prestige/success or money

He had a change of heart it happens. United chased Sancho and De Jong for 2 full summers and ended up with neither.

You are leaving out Grav, Macca, Jones, Szobo and Endo, a replacement has to be better than these, we are a top football club and finding upgrades isnā€™t easy

And Caicedo chose the money route

I meanā€¦ so? Theyā€™re responsible for transfers at one of Europeā€™s top clubs. We should at least have options.

I think thereā€™s a layer in between ā€œno one can improve usā€ and the shouts of ā€œthere HAS to be another number 6 better than what weā€™ve gotā€.

Thereā€™s probably players that the recruitment team think are better than what we have or at least more suitable for the role but not so much better that it warrants spending Ā£60/Ā£70million for a relatively small upgrade.

And I think thatā€™s ok and sensible. But when you identify the one guy who you think is a clear, substantial Improvement you HAVE to get it done or
weā€™re not gonna move forward.

1 Like

Well that turned out shit.
Four days of posting I will never get back :0)
Hey Ho - Maybe his own fans were giving him and his family crapā€¦ Hope we donā€™t go back in for him next summer when we are PL Champions. Fuck Him

1 Like

Maybe just maybe Slot wanted to see what he had first. My biggest mentor Peter Taylor said the worst thing a new manager can do is come into a successful club and decided hes moving players on without seeing them train. It can have a detrimental effect on the rest of the squad.

3 Likes

Jones and Szobo never played that role. Endo is clearly the one they want upgrading on and Grav has underwhelmed the last two years.

There might be options there but youā€™re having a laugh if you think Zubimendi is the only player who improves that group.

It is if you think real life is like football manager.

Saw Virg saying recently that we needed signings. Hope that him and Trent donā€™t perceive a lack of ambition whilst in contract negotiations

1 Like

In your opinion.