The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

So who really in the last 3 or 4 years has had a reported change of heart other than Caicedo and that 500k a week had nothing to do with that.

What do you mean?

Thought he looked good in the Man U match that I was at as well. Broke up plays, and moved the ball well. May have found his role here. Always a threat to pop up in front of goal too. Won’t be 23 till this season ends as well.

Just because those options can play there it doesn’t mean Arne would want them to be the first choice for that role, especially if he is looking to upgrade on Endo who isn’t best suited to the system we are trying to bring in.

I’d be worried if we were still playing Klopp’s system and had spent another window failing to get a 6. But there’s signs that Slotball might be a better fit for some of squad, like Grav. We’ll see in time.

Either way I’m all for waiting for the right player to come along and not panic buying. That process has served us well compared to united or Chelsea, for example, who have spent many times more and have much worse squads

3 Likes

“At present” doesn’t speak to future tense

1 Like

hope you right… there must be option b and c.

1 Like

I know option c. Unsettle Caicedo.

hahahaha

1 Like

I can only imagine the pressure Hughes is feeling (dude had only one job). He has three weeks to sort it, should be fine

The whole opportunistic thing stinks. We’d commit to spending £50m on a player you’d expect to be a very regular starter because opportunity arose and not because you need someone to fulfil that role in the team.

We might have done a deal for Gordon at £75m just because the opportunity presented itself otherwise we’d have shown no interest.

Basically our plan is to see what comes our way rather than be proactive in addressing our needs. And if nothing suitable comes across our desk, like say a left sided centre back, we’re just happy as we are.

That’s what the whole pursuit of Edwards and Hughes has been for. To play sit and wait and flog off some young squad filler? Surely not.

3 Likes

We’ve known no 6 is a problem since Fabinho’s form dipped in the latter half of 2022.

It’s the summer of 2024 and we still haven’t figured a replacement. Sorry, but that is fucking inexcusable.

There are three weeks until the window closes - Richard and co, do your jobs ffs.

Nobody on this green earth believes we will be challenging for a league title with Jones or Gravenberch as our DM.

6 Likes

This seems like an odd reading. Where are you getting the idea from that this was an “opportunistic” move rather than a targeted one based on trying to find the best target for a role we felt needed to be strengthened?

If anything, this was a bad summer to be trying to sign the player given La Real’s CL status and swirling interest in several of their key players from last season, which is seemingly what we ran into.

2 Likes

Always thought he had the ability on the ball, but it was his defensive side against Sevilla that impressed me, he had a bit of mongrel in him which I hadn’t seen before

1 Like

Our whole window has gone quiet. Wheres the CB and Gordon we were so heavily linked with?

Edwards and Co have come back with so much smoke blown up their arses and have literally done nothing.

1 Like

Varela has a 60 million pounds release clause and ederson will cost about the same as zubby

Because they’re briefing that they’re not considering another 6 this summer. Because the lad had a release clause we could pay if he decided he wanted to leave. Because we’ve had all summer to do this but have only done so in the last couple weeks.

And they aren’t in the champions league, they’ve sold one player and this one had a release clause so they couldn’t have stopped him. That’s some soft excuses.

Zubimendi signing for Chelsea in 3… 2… 1…

6 Likes

Some Liverpool supporters having a hissy whils rival supporters mock.

Sounds like the Caicedo saga all over again and that worked out OK.

Not much mention of Bajcetic. Whilst last season was a write off he has looked good for a young bloke to me. Haven’t seen any pre season matches but maybe out of him, Grav and Endo we will be OK?

2 Likes

He would have been scouted and seen as an UPGRADE in what we currently have as our controlling 6.

The opportunity arose as according to accounts he said that he would be interested in leaving.

We tried and seemingly with psychological pressure from Sociedad he had a change of heart.

What more can our club do apart from put a gun to his head.