The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

My concern even as someone who normally has red tinted specs is that this was prioritized to address a perceived deficiency in what is a key aspect of the way he wants us to play.

4 Likes

On TAW podcast today they were saying Grav has been brilliant in preseason as part of 2 in DM. I havenā€™t seen any of it to confirm

2 Likes

let the opposition fans have their fun today, nice moment for them to laugh at usā€¦ but we will be fineā€¦ yes, fuck zubi Image of This is a nice moment for you. I'm gonna let you have it.

BREAKING: Liverpool are not expected to sign an alternative to Zubimendi at present. [

@David_Ornstein

2 Likes

Yeah I can buy that. It was one of the things pointed out as a possible issue with his signing last year, that this role there now is in the team was the one he was best suited to but didnt really exist in the Klopp way of playing.

1 Like

He was excellent in the most against Sevilla

1 Like

At present thats code we have no fucking clue but we need the clicks.

2 Likes

Well LFC does make it fun

I have little doubt that Hughes has been looking at alternatives. No reason to buy just for the sake of buying, though.

I would not be surprised to see our interest in Zubimendi reignited before the transfer window ends.

However, I hope they keep Bajcetic here because he could end up better than Zubimendi.

1 Like

A new PowerPoint show?

The view of the club is that they have Ryan Gravenberch and Curtis Jones as potential partners for Alexis Mac Allister, while Dominik Szoboszlai and Trent Alexander-Arnold can also play there. There is also Trey Nyoni who is highly related. [

@_pauljoyce

1 Like

I totally agree. But he is supposed to be a really good coach who is adaptable. It may not be ideal, but Iā€™m sure he can work out something with the players we have - until the right player can be recruited.

Liverpool have not completely ruled out signing a No 6 this summer but it is now seen as unlikely given the time left in the transfer window and also the clubā€™s desire to not sign players for the sake of it.

@LewisSteele_

Thatā€™s what I mean, mate. If heā€™d genuinely given his word 2 weeks ago then I doubt all the initial reports of our interest 4 days ago, as you said, would have all been accompanied by ā€œbut it will be hard to persuade him to leaveā€.

And if we did have his word as far back as two weeks ago then I think SOME criticism is fair for dallying and not getting it across the line.

None of it ultimately important. Heā€™s not coming and thereā€™s loads of lads here already to support who have a big opportunity now.

1 Like

In fact, Hughes now admits that on reflection weā€™ve got plenty and didnt really need Zubi anyway.

7 Likes

This excerpt comes from Joyceā€™s article:

"It is unlikely at this stage that Liverpool will switch their attention to an alternative midfield target, with Zubimendi having been targeted because he suited a specific profile of No6 for Slotā€™s squad.

Having been told that he would be prepared to leave in this window, Liverpool made an opportunistic attempt to sign Zubimendi.

The view of the club is that they have Ryan Gravenberch and Curtis Jones as potential partners for Alexis Mac Allister, while Dominik Szoboszlai and Trent Alexander-Arnold can also play there. Wataru Endo is a more destructive No6 and looks unsuited to the demands of the new coach having not been favoured by Slot during pre-season. There is also 17-year-old Trey Nyoni, who is highly-rated."

Why do I have the feeling that Iā€™m reading the same article for the past three or four years, only with different names? If we already have the players we need and who play in that position, why would we want another? I meanā€¦ Sheesh. Weā€™re not of Teslaā€™s intelligence but what we have of it should not be repeatedly insulted.

Iā€™m not concerned that a top target has (again) rejected us but the feeling that our football operation isnā€™t as organised and ruthless as it used to be is what deeply worries me at this point.

11 Likes

curtis jones as a 6 is stuff of nightmares

5 Likes

In a 2, as Slot is having us play, I think it is ultimately where heā€™d be best.

1 Like

he is too slow with the ball @Limiescouse. you can see why slot wanted zubby. Ball movement is key in his system

2 Likes

If Slot decided a week before season starts thats what he needed hes not all that. You can use any logic in these instances.