The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Well this is why Hughes and Edwards are paid the big bucks… back to the drawing board and go again!!

1 Like

Does seem that Edwards and co are not as super as we have been led to believe, makes me wonder how much of a pull to sign players Klopp really was.

6 Likes

Moise Caicedo wasn’t swayed by him.

1 Like

Phew thank god :joy:

2 Likes

Based on one player? Bellingham, Caicedo and others rejected us when Klopp was here. It’s normal for every club. People act like all players are Liverpool fans desperate to play at Anfield

5 Likes

Apparently he agreed the move then had a change of heart who knows why. So im not sure how you get to this conclusion.

1 Like

Are you talking about Caicedo, Lavia or Tchouameni?

2 Likes

Klopp was everything.

These are the guys that work with the players, they were once players, they know how to best communicate with players, not the DoF’s, not the CEO’s.

No one (& by no one, I’m referring to players) knows your Michael Edwards and Julian Wards besides other club execs, I’m sure they’re great at negotiating with agents but ultimately it’s the manager and his philosophy they buy into. 100%. Klopp even goes a step further to talk to their parents, grand parents, great grand parents, in-laws, 2nd and 3rd cousins and whatever is after that.

2 Likes

That’s not unfair mate.

Obviously I don’t know anything so just speculating but I think the idea he gave his word might be attempted spin from our side. As soon as the interest got reported every instance came with “it’s going to be hard to persuade him to leave” so I’m not sure we ever had his word.

Then I guess if we did actually have it, we could have got the deal done before he changed his mind considering there’s a clause or been more persuasive during the discussions last week.

But yeah, overall it’s not an unfair point and you’ve got to feel for Hughes who will be more annoyed than anyone about this.

1 Like

Never heard of Zubimendi but wishing I hadn’t heard of @Sithbare either

3 Likes

4 Likes

We have a saying: if you don’t want it, you already have it. But that doesn’t change the fact that it feels pretty shit when you’re repeatedly rejected. Depressing, especially when nothing else positive is happening.

1 Like

We have a good squad already and Arne gets more time to work with them and the recruitment team more time to find the perfect additions.

6 Likes

yes, Hughes is pissed. But no time for all that, just put your big boy pants on and go again. Welcome to the big leagues, where all your missteps and mistakes trend internationally. Lets go again!!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Gerrard stayed at a mediocre Liverpool. Granted, we still picked up silverware and challenged.

Will be interesting to see if he does stay, or ends up at Barca.

If a player doesn’t fancy it, better he not join.

Agree with this but the two you named I’m glad they never came, caicedo…because well he has done shite at Chelsea…but Bellingham I’m glad never came because of all the hype around him ( hes not like that, agent trent & jordan etc…) truth is any non english person ( talking Irish , Welsh & Scottish) if they were being honest would have seen him at the Euros and thought what an arrogant prick.

Also in regards to Edwards & co, I get that we won’t get everyone they try to sign, but as others have stated they had all summer to sign players, the itks that report stuff and are listed as a good source etc because they wouldn’t report this unless someone from the club has said something etc…whoever drops them the tidbits of info really should be quiet as it does no good and looks a bit daft when like tonight it goes pear shaped ( only my thoughts )

2 Likes

Yeah I do understand this frustration. Not that bothered by Zubi but the list of players over 3-4 windows does show we’ve been trying for a DM but for some reason haven’t landed one yet

2 Likes

The intrest got reported 4 days ago the reports say he made it known hed move 2 weeks ago.