The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I felt he won’t be joining us. The initial delay killed the excitement and as days went by a change of heart. Had we triggered the release clause directly at first without getting into negotiations things might have worked out differently.

Mac and Jones.
Mac and Endo.
Mac and Grav.
Mac and Baj.
Mac and cheese.
Mac and fries.
Mac and me.

Obviously, the last one only in dire emergencies.

7 Likes

Disappointing end to the short pursuit but some people forget the reason why we can choose who to pursue and at such a late stage because we already have a very good squad capable of winning. And it’s not just words. I think this pre season has been one of the best in recent years. Yes pre season matches may not mean alot but you cannot ignore the good indicators in pre season just because we fail to sign a player. I am sure we will look at other targets and pursue if we can but sure, we are not Man City or Chelsea who signs players just in case but the fact that Klopp left this squad that Slot deem enough to start and win the season, that is something i am proud of.

He’s a wanker but he makes decent points…

I blame him for that song he did.

I reckon we won’t sign anyone this window. Hopefully it means certain players won’t be leaving.

Anyhow all a bit meh.

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s about right. The ears are a bit too small, though.

He’s not a shiny new toy. We’re never going to win the transfer window with him.

1 Like

Zubimendi’s decision has got the rubbish rumours going.
Like hijacking De Ligt from the Mancs,why would we bother?
Still,there will be plenty as many decide we are desperate,we are not,unless the right players are found and want to come.

1 Like

https://x.com/LFCVine/status/1823111115183997011?t=g42nmY2ycpyrJZKJN8B-Mw&s=19

2 Likes

:100:

Fixed for a more accurate description.

1 Like

That is all you really need to say

I’m not sure that the club operated like that prior to failed Tchouameni pursuit. Our transfer policy has looked a bit disconnected since and that ridiculous adage that says “there aren’t many players who would improve us” has followed every failed pursuit of a player, usually one playing as defensive midfielder.

I get that there are many mitigating factors, not just Euros and Olympics, but it is downright insulting that we can’t find a good, let alone a great defensive midfielder for three years.

3 Likes

Harsh on Endo, that.

He’s definitely good.

3 Likes

I am being harsh but let me be cynical about it: would Real Madrid, Man City, Arsenal or Bayern sign him, even for their bench? When there’s a pressing matter that needs to be resolved, you work overtime for days or weeks until you resolve it. No one can tell me that we couldn’t have done better than him, especially when you compare him to what these clubs have in the same position.

1 Like

Who is better and available and wants to join us? :thinking:

Signing players isn’t as easy as you make it out to be: it has to be the right player for us, at the right price and willing to leave his current club. And we can’t compete with the likes of City and Real on wages.

6 Likes

I think it’s insulting that you think that players who have helped us in a decent league season derailed by injuries cannot be classified as “good”.

1 Like

That’s the problem, comparison. A lot of the players we have signed, when we signed them, the answer to that question would have been no. I didn’t see Madrid, City, Arsenal, or Bayern circling for Salah, Firmino, Jota, Szoboszlai, Konaté, Diaz, Robertson, etc.

Comparing us to clubs with fundamentally different operating models is only ever going to leave your feelings hurt.

6 Likes

I thought I’d best leave that debate out of this thread, it’s already littered enough with tears and piss and shit korma.

2 Likes