The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Our peak? The peak that featured midfielders who were in their late 20s who were debatably around the same ability-wise as the young midfielders in their early 20s who still have room to grow? Not to mention the fact that in terms of the development of the team, we’re at a stage more akin to 2017-18 than our peak.

Yeah but who replaces Quansah! And who replaces Quansah’s replacement!

1 Like

Laura Woods ruined it

2 Likes

I think the club would be better served by putting a statement out that we are looking actively to bring in additions.

None of this oh well this might work or this might work.

There is a big issue with the right side and with the CB roles.

Well, her and #FSGOut.

2 Likes

Lol yes that too :speak_no_evil:

Great, we identified Zubimendi as the only player we could possibly buy who could improve us. Congrats to whoever uncovered that gem.

But is he going to be playing for us next season, because that’s the important part of recruitment.

And grow up, no one is having a tantrum. Some people have just seen this one multiple times before and it always bites us on the arse.

1 Like

Why? Just to manage fan tantrums?

1 Like

When it comes to CBs, the more, the merrier. I’d rather we had another able body to make up the numbers than rely on the current lot staying fit.

Especially with Konate’s injury record and Van Dijk’s growing need to be rested.

It has not bitten us on the arse. Unrelated things have bitten us on the arse, which these people have taken to confirm their pre-existing views.

3 Likes

Is that actually a thing or just a function of the length of the seasons he’s had? If the latter is the case, I wonder if an international retirement is on the cards soon.

Well at least since I don’t spend time on that far-right cesspit, I only have to worry about the fallout on here. And in any case most of the babies will crawl back to whatever hole they crawled out from when the transfer window shuts.

I’m really not.

Failed with Tchouameni. Decide to keep our powder dry for the following summer.

Publicly twerking at Bellingham for over a year and failed to convince him. Pretend it’s because we need a bigger overhaul now.

Fail to get Lavia. Put a world record bid on the table for a player who was set on going to Chelsea. Bought a stop gap we’re now ready to move on from but fail to land the lad we publicly went courting?

If that was United we’d be laughing our arses off at them. But for the record I don’t care what fans of other clubs think. I care about this team. And right now we’re two years into the hunt for a new number 6 and looks like it’ll be at least three until we get someone we think is right.

That isn’t level elite recruitment.

3 Likes

Excuses, excuses.

We aren’t putting ourselves in the best position to mitigate these issues that arise. Simple as.

Yup, and next summer we will most likely have to replace VvD, Salah and possibly Trent. Not mentioning Diaz…
It will be an expensive summer.

1 Like

I think you’re ignoring the part where we spent that much money on Mac Allister and Szoboszlai, and still had the funds available to buy Caicedo after that.

And yet you conveniently ignore that there’s been nothing about him being sold. Instead, he’s been an integral part of our pre-season.

Then why mention it in the first place?

You have no idea what elite-level recruitment looks like. Unless your idea of elite-level recruitment is buying £1b worth of full-backs before getting a good one.

2 Likes

I’d like to know what you think could have mitigated us losing 6 centre-backs through injury, or virtually our entire midfield?

Bloody Hell. I came back on and there were 100+ new posts. I thought we had signed Steven Caulker again.

9 Likes

Apparently we need to replace Matip and Virgil so why not?

1 Like

Going after Mamadishvili, as much as I like the guy, to plan ahead for Ali’s possible departure (still can’t wrap my ahead around) before searching for long term replacements for Virgil, Salah and even Robbo doesn’t make much sense to me.

& then you got the dilemma with Trent, will he won’t he? I personally get the sense he’s waiting around to see what plans this club has going forward and then he’ll be off, so that’d be another area that’ll need addressing. Deja vu vibe going on here, leaving ourselves with too much to do at once, if that’s the way the club want to do it then there’s little point getting worked up over things out of your control.

1 Like