The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Pronounced ‘kipper’ hopefully…

2 Likes

Looks younger than my 5 year old

4 Likes

We don’t know the level of commitment that was expressed at the beginning of this situation nor the terms that caused it to breakdown. There are any number of permutations that would allow us to retain our interest without feeling dicked about.

I prefer the Orca’s version
https://x.com/ConnorDaleyVT/status/1671237432493105152

13 Likes

Just had a look and he is nearly 24 :joy:

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You’ve been saving that one for just the right moment!!!

Finally!! My time has arrived!!!

2 Likes

I don’t believe you…

…no one goes to a barbecue on a Tuesday night.

3 Likes

I know right. BBQ requires indirect heat on meat that is cooked low and slow for a LONG time. No one has time for that on a weeknight. Tuesday night gatherings are for grilling.

That’s what you meant, right? Right?

3 Likes

Ok
You got me…
It was B&Q

3 Likes

Nobody goes to B&Q on a Tuesday night.

You only go there on a Friday, to get stuff for your weekend barbecue.

3 Likes

Could we have just found our new No.6? crocked before signing

3 Likes
2 Likes

Happy if true. I am not sure Clark would make it here. So let him leave with a buy back. Do not let it drag like Phillips.

2 Likes

Knowing Dave the deals probably off :joy:

2 Likes

Would rather Clark was loaned than sold. Ive liked what ive seen of him. Fee of sub £10m seems low to me.

3 Likes

Liverpool have agreed with RB Salzburg for Bobby Clark. £10m asking price met with a 17.5% sell on.

Joyce

1 Like

I don’t know why, I had this music in mind for a few days.

1 Like

An extra £3/4 million and I’d be fully behind this.
£10m feels low.

I like that it is decisive. We should always negotiate for the best price, either buying or selling, but at some point, the market is the market. Compare/contrast with Phillips. We had a good offer for him at one point, but we were resolute in our valuation… and he stayed at Liverpool for years.

I’m not having a go at the fella at all, and a few years ago he came in and helped us through a very tight spot. Nothing but credit for that. Still, for his age, he has not played very many games at all, and really should have been moved on to pursue his career a long time ago.

As things stand there are at least seven midfielders ahead of Clark, and Nyoni at two years younger already looks a higher prospect. I don’t think he will make it here, and so a sale is best for all concerned, so the lad can get on with his career.

At that point Clark goes to a good coach in Lijnders, who knows his game, while LFC protects its future interest somewhat with a 17.5% sell on clause, should Clark kick on and go for a larger sum in future.

Good luck to him!

2 Likes

Selling our best academy players - Jürgen would turn in his grave.

1 Like