The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Won’t be. The club won’t stand for being dicked about.

The club want a higher release clause figure in the new contract, the player knows he will be getting sold at some point, wants his slice of the cake now, that the club will be getting from the eventual sale

It’s probably still off, but if the deal can be revived, on the same terms, and completed quickly, I would still do it.

To err is human. To forgive, divine.

Zubi erred. Hard to know how much it was him, his club, his agent, etc. Bottom line he had a change of heart. If his resolve is strengthened to come, and his mind made up, then much as anyone else I don’t like being messed around, but I would overlook it for the good of LFC.

If he is a player Slot wants, because he is going to help us upgrade our double pivot, and we can close a deal, we should do so.

I don’t expect it to happen, but if it does, file it under the messy business of football transfers and move on, with the player in our team.

3 Likes

As for VVD and his opinion about the squad and its needs, it’s fine if he gives his opinion. He has an up front and informed view. Still, the view that matters most is Arne Slot’s.

5 Likes

I think the most insight we’ve had on Slot’s opinion is him saying he’d be surprised if we didn’t bring new players in which maybe suggests him and VVD are close to being aligned.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Good point. And we all will be surprised if there’s no signings.

1 Like

That’s exactly my point. The chances of having arguably the best center-back, the greatest goalkeeper ever, and the best right-back all at the same time are almost zero. Yet, we wasted half of that potential by being content with minimal spending. It’s clear that we prioritized financial aspects over football success, and it cost us dearly.

1 Like

Man Utd have spent far more than us in the decade plus since Ferguson, and we have won a lot more. In fact, under Klopp, we won the lot.

Just giving it as an obvious example to illustrate that spending money does not guarantee success.

I think the biggest thing that stopped Klopp winning more was the cheating in the game. Hopefully the biggest cheats will be punished severely in the forthcoming case.

Then yes, I can also get on board with the sense that we could have pushed the boat out a bit further, financially, but that’s not the be all and end all, and besides, Klopp regularly expressed the viewpoint that buying players is not the only way to improve.

5 Likes

So basically your criticism is that FSG didn’t outspend Abu Dhabi - who are infinitely wealthier than all the shareholders of FSG combined.

1 Like

This wasn’t down to chance. We spent record transfers on 2 of them remember

Not an unreliable rumour in sight…

I was at a barbecue last night and was told that this is happening.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

Slot has told Hughes that we need a Six.
Supporters have identified the need and its going to happen.
Scouting reports have identified a Six thats available.
Didier Six is 69, but he is a Six.
And we need a Six.

1 Like

Quick… get the Zab thread opened up again - another 900 posts might be incoming in the next 4 days :0)

1 Like

Saw Alanis in concert last week. Absolutely mind boggling how good she is.

She did say that trying to fit our current mids into the 6 would be equivalent to: “It’s like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.”

8 Likes

Alanis Morrisix?

4 Likes

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1823658707625894373

WTF FSG?! Is Allison Becker gonna be sold next season?!

Of all the places to strengthen for this summer, it’s a GK that may be signed?!

There’s already a thread for this where these questions have been asked and answered.

3 Likes

Yeah but it’s Notasuperfanjustaregulartroll you’re replying to…

6 Likes

Or it could be recognition that clubs almost always sign players rather than a atatement on the needs of the squad?

(I havent seen or read the interviews so dont know what was said in full or the context).