The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

5 Likes

All Iā€™ll say is that we use the PL Cup and PL Int Cup as a place to get guys gametime who otherwise donā€™t start for the U21s. The players he highlighted wouldnā€™t be used in that tournament anyway.

3 Likes

Lyall Thomas

@SkySportsLyall

#Brentfordfc have agreed a deal in principle with #Liverpool for Sepp van den Berg - but so have Bayer Leverkusen and the decision is down to the player with #Bayer needing to offload a CB. https://skysports.com/transfer-centre #Bees #lfc

2 Likes

he isnt really. we had to play him due to a crisis, he then got injured and hasnā€™t featured much since.

I would class him so, he isnā€™t going be playing in that tournament anyhow.

Brentford strike ā€˜deal in principleā€™ for Liverpoolā€™s Sepp van den Berg

Latest from Sky Sports Newsā€™ Lyall Thomas:

Brentford have agreed a deal in principle with Liverpool to sign Sepp van den Berg.

It is understood they have agreed to pay Ā£25m plus Ā£5m in add-ons for the centre-back.

The decision is now down to the player and the Dutchman is aware of interest from Bayer Leverkusen.

The German club are also willing to agree to this deal with Liverpool but need to sell one of their centre-backs first.

The Bundesliga champions have interest from other clubs in Edmond Tapsoba, Jonathan Tah and Odilon Kossounou.

Sky Sports News has already reported Newcastleā€™s interest in Tapsoba.

1 Like

Bloke was moaning about us asking for Ā£20m at the start of the summer with PSV and Mainz looking most keen in acquiring his services. Now itā€™s pushing Ā£30m and heā€™ll either get a nice Premier League wedge of cash every week or be playing CL footy for the German champions.

Youā€™re welcome Sepp.

7 Likes

yep looks like 30 million including addonsā€¦ thanks Alonso

1 Like

If it is a good loan it might be just the ticket, so he can play, find rhythm and rebuild after missing some key development at the worst possible time.

I could easily see him coming back after a good loan to take his place here.

If he is sold, I will join you with the pitchfork and flaming torch.

3 Likes

Itā€™s only worth a few bags of crisps with inflation.

1 Like

Yep.
No signings.
Contracts running down.
Transfers out greater than in.
No Klopp fist pumps by Arne.
Half time substitions.
No hugs.

Fuck all those atrocities visited on us poor fickle beings.

Lets burn Anfield because a player we think might be a star could be sold!

Weshould have done it for Pacheco, Le Tallec, Plessis, Nemeth, Davy Thompson, Ken De Mange, Trevor Stortonā€¦Rise up for the lads!

9 Likes

I donā€™t think Bajcetic is quite in that bracket.

He is an extremely talented young player, with a high ceiling, who has already broken into the first team, in a position that we lack depth and playing in a style that Slot wants.

I could understand loaning him if weā€™d got Zubimendi.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, but Iā€™d like to go back to the original point.

Who is Jack Lusby and why should we care about anything he says or claims to know?

1 Like

You cannot deny that even the most relaxed LFC supporter not being slightly concerned that we seem to be selling all the youth team players, fringe players (I do understand that a bit more but leaves us short), loaning out Bajcetic and bringing in no one.

Does Arnie think that all the kids who played in League and cup last year in emergency have peaked and wont get any better? Its so strange to sell all these kids.

Listen, Im glad we arent Chelsea with a scatter gun approach and buying players again who were shit the first time around (Lakaku and Felix) but for a new manager to bring in no one is so strange.

Throw in 3 key players leaving in less than 9 months for free - its mad,

7 Likes

I think I qualify as being a relaxed supporter. I really donā€™t see why you are getting your knickers in a twist. Given the quality and depth of the current squad, the truncated transfer window and a new coaching team in place Iā€™m more than happy to wait for a signing to be made if it means they will be the right fit.

The young players being allowed to leave are unlikely to get regular playing time here and so are making way for the next tier of youngsters. Arne will probably want to focus his coaching time on getting the first team regulars in tune with his system that it probably wonā€™t leave much time to work on the youngsters.

As for 3 players being out of contract next summer, again not really an issue. There will be conversations being had in the background about new contracts or players to replace them - I think itā€™s important the club have a plan in place as to what they want from next summer and onwards - and that has to be done before new contracts are given to VVD and Mo.

6 Likes

The concern with the contracts are - for example, TAA can pre-sign for Real in just over 3 months.

2 Likes

Yes, but we already have Bradley to cover the RB role. Losing Trent on a free (or a much reduced price in January) would be a blow but it isnā€™t crippling and as I said above, in his case the club will most likely already be trying to get a new contract done.

1 Like

Yup. Trentā€™s contract is a priority. Hopefully we tie him up with a long term deal say 4-5 years.

1 Like

These days, that feels like a short-term dealā€¦

We brought Endō in on a 4 year contract as a 30 year old. Bellinghamā€™s initial contract (not sure if heā€™s extended since) with Madrid was for 6 years.

With the way FSG operate, Iā€™m kind of used to not expecting much during the transfer windows nowadays.

1 Like