The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Don’t get why ppl are getting so worked up and twisted about transfers. They will happen when the time is right.

I’m totally

5 Likes

The Endō one surprised me, although we were paying a fee and it is possible that the length would keep his wages down so I can understand the logic.

It only takes one bad injury for your asset to turn into a liability.

1 Like

I’m wondering if we were betting on his career longevity, i.e. the idea that since he didn’t play as much comparatively when he was younger, we could probably see him in good shape for longer. Not sure how much there is to that though.

1 Like

Renewing contracts are not unilateral. The players have all sorts of considerations. A player like TAA may want to consider his options as far as his career is concerned. He might not like Arne. He might feel that he wants to see the other leagues. He will absolutely, with the advice of his agent, wait till Jan onwards so that he has all the bargaining chips even if he wants to renew.

I think it is more a case that they thought he would have a residual transfer value in a couple of years. Either he is good for the squad or we recover some of the outlay.

1 Like

Another Bobby gone :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Just don’t see TAA clicking in another team like RM

He might want to experience Madrid. But unless a team is built around his playstyle , he’s not going to get nearly the same amount of success.

3 Likes

4 years might sound short but it’s sound rather than Chelsea’s idiocy.

1 Like

Resigned to losing Trent, Mo and Virg at the end of the season, maybe Ali too. Milner, Bobby, Ox, Milner, Gini, Can, Lallana, Clyne…we’ve clearly shown we’re happy enough carrying on this method. This will be the turning point in the clubs near future and will surely test the strength of our ambitions.

Giving bumper contracts to Doak, Bradley and Quansah while looking for their back ups to try and fill the void…may not cut it and while not signing anyone for this season may not be a total disaster…it could well spell trouble for us later down the line.

Doak is one of those younger players that the club is rumoured to be looking to move on so I very much doubt he will get a ‘bumper contract’ from us.

It’s a reasonable concern. So hopefully Trent - the one with the most agency over what he chooses to do with his career, will sign a new deal here.

If he leaves on a free he will go down in my estimation. I will give the reasoning:

Compare/contrast Mac Allister. Good player. Did well at Brighton. Boosted his standing and had clubs circling. He was getting close to a Bosman but he signed a new deal with them with a release clause. It showed gratitude and ensured everyone got a win.

Brighton got a 40M payday. Not as good as 70M, but a lot better than 0.
Liverpool got a 70M player for 40M.
Mac Allister moved on in his career.

If Trent has it in his heart to move to Real Madrid, I can understand that. I can think of lots of reasons for him to stay, but even as a Liverpool fan I can see the allure of Real Madrid for a top player. There will be a vacancy there for him too.

So if he does want to leave, then to use the phrase he himself recently used, then out of respect to the club, I’d like to see him come to some sort of arrangement along the lines of what Mac Allister did with Brighton to ensure everyone gets a win.

4 Likes

Only really fussed about the youngsters if Bajcetic went on a permanent deal. All the rest are decent lads but aren’t going to make it here long term and whilst it’s nice to have them about for cup games it’s quite an indulgence. They also block pathways for the next group who need game time to see if we have any that could actually make it to a first team level.

We’re one of the best clubs in the world. A tiny fraction of the kids in the academy will make it here but they’ll be bloody good players if they do. Most will go the way of these lads and clearly the club feels it’s the best thing for them and us. This time next year we’ll be excited about a couple from the next crop and won’t be giving this lot a seconds thought.

Does make you realise how much their development can be derailed by one big injury at just the wrong time though.

6 Likes

Lol. As a chilled fan of course I won’t be burning Anfield to the ground. I am fully on board with letting players go - it is bringing in some income I’m sure we will use wisely, and the players who have departed are not going to have much, if any, of a first team career here. So it is best to create some space for other players to come in, while releasing some to get on with their career.

All good.

The one question mark for me would be Bajcetic. I would think it would be a mistake to let him go. As a gangly teen he came in and really looked the part, so much so that many fans started to imagine he would button down the 6 role long term.

Then he got injured at the worst possible time, missing more than a season of crucial development while his body filled out and he tried to get back.

Now there is a question mark over him, and to be fair the team has moved on too, as we have added several midfielders while he has been out.

If he is sold, the people making the decision know a lot more than I do, and anyone else on here.

But based on the tantalizing prospect we saw - and not that long ago - I want to see him nurtured and given every chance to find his best level. A loan move might be just the ticket, so he can play first team football and hopefully become the player he looked like becoming.

1 Like

Bobby Clark has signed for RB Salzburg for £10mill plus 17.5% sell on clause and Brentford have agreed a deal in principle with Liverpool to sign Sep van den Berg.

2 Likes

We MUST be buying someone if this is true.

https://x.com/SteveKountourou/status/1826559405006930379

1 Like

Do you think it could be Ait Nouri?

1 Like

Or Robinson…

Interesting development. If Tsimikas is off, ideally the new man won’t be a back up but instead, someone who can challenge Robbo now - to help bring out the best in Robbo while he gives us the best of what he has left, with a view to the new man taking over the position.

I would imagine we will sign a central defender too, with Sepp going and Joe Gomez possibly going too.

1 Like

Or one of those centre backs that can also do bits at left back like Hincapie or Inacio maybe.

Rapidly approaching that point in time where clubs are going to be very reluctant to let anyone go who was in their first team plans.

Can’t see us sanctioning a loan unless we’ve secured an improvement already.

1 Like

FSG: “Endo used to play at CB back in the day…”

1 Like