The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

: Liverpool and coach Arne Slot would have liked to keep Van den Berg at Anfield, but the player did not think it was good for his development to return to the bench after a number of loan periods. [

@telegraaf

]

4 Likes

Thing is it’s odd for a player not in Slot’s plans to actually play on Saturday.

2 Likes

Don’t agree with this, time will tell of course, but neither Arsenal or Man City have upgraded their starting 11 either. We had a weird season last year with a whole new midfield and Klopp leaving, so plenty of scope for improvement.Slot may not be as good as Klopp but he can be better than the Klopp 3.0 that we saw the last two years.

3 Likes

I don’t particularly mind at this moment with who has left.

If Kostas was to leave then Gomez would have to remain.

I do feel we might see a signing or two mind that isn’t the goalie.

2 Likes

Yeah I find it difficult to reconcile the recent stories of Kostas not being fancied here with him getting 15 mins on saturday. I get Andy probably needed a rest given his limited pre-season, but there were other ways Slot could have managed that other than giving 15 mins to a LB he doesnt fancy and is willing to move on.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest he got more than Klopp would give him :wink:

1 Like

3 Likes

@Superdeporte_es

: Liverpool and Valencia now discussing the ‘last details’ of the Mamardashvili deal — payment method & wages.

@LFC

want Valencia to cover a large part of his salary during his loan stay and are looking to spread the payment across several years

2 Likes

With Sepp on his way out, that’s near £70m in deals done on outgoing players (inc the Solanke sell on).

How much are the Pittsburgh Penguins?

3 Likes

Have FSG got enough bread to buy them?

3 Likes

They were ready to drop ÂŁ110 on Caicedo too.

I suspect they would have ample stacked away. Do a search for ‘where is the xxx money John’ and you’ll see stacks of other cash they’re generating

1 Like

“dough” was right there. Open goal.

2 Likes

He couldnt rise to it

4 Likes

@David_Ornstein

: Liverpool are 𝗡𝗢𝗧 actively pursuing Marc Guehi. That’s not the case to my understanding, although he’s a player that they have looked at and is on their radar.

We’ll have to see I guess.

What you do pick up in conversations is that Liverpool are looking at that position [centre back] but it would take some departures and probably both Gomez and Van den Berg.” [

@David_Ornstein

He tried, but it turns out he is so baked he crumbled

1 Like

Van den Berg set to undergo Brentford medical

Latest from Sky Sports News’ Lyall Thomas:

Liverpool’s Sepp van den Berg is set to undergo a medical with Brentford this evening.

He is in west London and will hold further talks with the club at the training ground.

There is still work to do but a deal is getting closer.

Leverkusen remain interested.

On Wednesday, Sky Sports News revealed that both clubs had agreed a ÂŁ25m deal with Liverpool to sign the centre-back.

2 Likes

@JamesPearceLFC

: Sepp van den Berg is set for a medical at Brentford ahead of his proposed transfer from Liverpool

Good luck to Sepp. I’m glad he wasn’t doing the negotiating! Earlier in the summer we were offered half the price, and we said no. As a forthright Dutchman Sepp spoke up. We held our line. And now it is 25M.

So, all’s well that ends well.

Final point - he turned down CL football and a (presumably) title challenge in Germany, a country he knows well, to play for Brentford?

They must be paying him a decent wedge, as otherwise it makes no sense.

Good luck to him!

1 Like