The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

FIFY

Again it might as well say

ā€œI havenā€™t a clueā€

2 Likes

He may have been concerned that he wouldnā€™t start at Leverkusen until they sold other players. If those moves fall through in the last week he could find himself swapping our bench for Leverkusenā€™s.

6 Likes

Also sometimes you just click with one manager in a way you dont with another and it can have a huge impact in how you view your respective prospects. Frank is one of those guys who seems very well liked by his players. I love Xabi, but doesnt mean anyone he wants is going to be excited about playing there.

1 Like

David Ornstein

@David_Ornstein

Sepp van den Berg joins Brentford from Liverpool. Fee over Ā£20m + add-ons. Medical done yesterday. Agreement finalised with #LFC today. 5yr deal. Chose #BrentfordFC over #Bayer04 & others after positive talks with Thomas Frank + hierarchy

@TheAthleticFC

damn!! we dont even have a thread for the kid who got the club 25 millyā€¦ best of luck sepp

3 Likes

Lovely little sell on clause in there too.

https://x.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1826680966443667550

3 Likes

Brentford confirm Van den Berg from Liverpool

Brentford have announced the initial Ā£20m signing of Sepp van den Berg from Liverpool on a five-year deal.

The total package will be worth up to Ā£25m, due to Ā£5m in add ons. In addition, there is a 17.5 per cent sell-on clause.

Brentford have beaten off competition from German champions Bayer Leverkusen, who were ultimately not ready to follow through on signing the centre-back.

Van den Berg has been watched by Brentford for a long time.

While, inevitably, there is always significant focus on incoming transfers, outgoing transfers are a key element of Liverpoolā€™s overall strategy this summer.

So far, new sporting director Richard Hughes has brokered three deals for squad players which will generate up to Ā£62.5m, with the potential for further income to follow given sell-on clauses.

Furthermore, in each instance, Hughes has delivered the clubā€™s valuation in full for each of the players they have sold, despite the opening offers for all three being considerably below.

1 Like

Lewis Steele

@LewisSteele_

Sepp van den Berg to Brentford is now confirmed. Liverpool pocket a guaranteed Ā£20m with Ā£5m in add-ons and, like Fabio Carvalho and Bobby Clark sales, the Reds retain a 17.5% sell-on clause. Thatā€™s Ā£62.5m raised for those three who had 39 first-team apps in total. #LFC

1 Like

This is why loans are very important/valuable, and not just any loans but the right 1. Get all these kids out there.

Expecting one of Curtis/Harvey to struggle under Slot and seeing how ā€˜ruthlessā€™ the new regime is iā€™m sure that one will be sold.

Except it isnā€™t.

Itā€™s Ā£52.5m raised, with the rest in add-ons.

I bet this Lewis Steele is probably the sort of guy who kicks off if heā€™s told that Darwin cost Ā£85m. You canā€™t have it both ways.

7 Likes

Then there is a real possibility that they actually arenā€™t as good as we think and perhaps should be sold if we remove all sentiments and evaluate things objectively.

3 Likes

Salah, Virgil and Trent staying then as their wages for a couple of years are taken care off!

1 Like
1 Like

Sounds like absolute bollocks, loaning him would make no sense and youā€™d think heā€™d be able to get a much better move than the Greek league.

Ah mate it was in jest.
I hope he stays, he is a special talent

1 Like

Itā€™s over 60m before add-ons

Fabio 20m
Solanke 8m
Luis Alberto 1m
Grabara 2m
VDB 20m
Clark 10m

The article clearly states ā€œthose threeā€, so doesnā€™t include Grabara, Luis Alberto and Solanke.

1 Like

posted this on Sat that we would only buy if both Gomez and Sepp left. I dont see Gomez going now tbh.

Nah, I stand by it, that we get Inacioā€¦Gomez is there in name only, I dont think Slot fancies him as a player.