The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Lol. We are talking as if we have won the title 6 out of 7 times and players we need to improve our first team is almost impossible to find. Haha. I haven’t heard City say that once who are the Champions in last 6 out of 7 seasons and Pep always maintains it’s almost impossible to keep winning without bringing in fresh energy.

4 Likes

Well, obviously it’s not meant to be taken literally, it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same. Of the two, I think Curtis is more likely to be sold as Harvey is more versatile.

Its a test of their ability to play themselves into contention then. Like many others before them, Hendo, Gini…these players were not lauded or thought to be able to make it, but they did and more. So these 2 would need to show the resilience they had shown to come so far in their Liverpool career and now they need to show it even more. Goes to the other younger ones including QUansah and Bradley too. They have shown they are good enough, but they have bigger and on paper, better players ahead of them and they will need to show mentally they are up for the fight.

Yeah, why have we left it so late? Also anyone get the sense that we might be over-correcting for the mistake of hanging on to Hendo and Fab for too long?

Quansah yes but I don’t think you can say that about Bradley. In more conventional right-back terms he’s already bettering TAA. He’s more astute defensively (despite the own goals last season), he’s far more direct and noticeably more pacy and has carried a bigger goal threat from open play. Trent is a unique player who we make a lot of concessions for to be in the starting 11. Conor’s injury late last season was a big factor in our downturn at a critical juncture I felt.

1 Like

I’m hearing we’ve agreed Bobby Clark for 10m + 17.5% sell on and Sepp will bring in a cool 25 million from Brentford. Gomez might even leave next.

Plenty of Sales but no Buys to help our first team yet in this window. The money is piling up, but is FSG just going to sit on the cash and say, Wait for Next Summer, yet again?

1 Like

Yes they are. Not only that, we will keep selling players so we will get relegated this season because FSG wants to get the parachute payments for relegated clubs.

5 Likes

I don’t disagree with you on Bradley, I do think he is more balanced than TAA in many ways and with time he can be one of the top RB in the world. But its quite likely that TAA is going to be playing more often than him this season if both are fit and if this really is the case, Bradley needs to be patient and be mentally ready to step up and show Arne that he is not going to just give up without a fight

1 Like

It might not be too far from the truth. Sell a few prospects now whilst their value is at the peak as we don’t see them as long term prospects.

Then bank that cash for next summer when currently we’ll be looking at replacing three world class players who’ll be leaving for nothing.

1 Like

As well as seeking recruits, the final week of the transfer window looks set to be littered with more outgoings, following a pattern when Slot took over at Feyenoord and made decisive instant judgment on those suited his system, irrespective of the positive references of the previous regime.

[Chris Bascombe, The Telegraph :newspaper:]

1 Like

A signing! Any ideas @Sweeting?

1 Like

Any update on Ian Rush leaving for Juve? :rofl:

3 Likes

I reckon he could come back…

It’ll be like living in a different country.

5 Likes

Yeah I went and found some footage of him because I heard we were getting him a month or so ago.

He’s a leeft footed CB, Wolves used him in midfield as part of a 4231 system at U18 level. I think they were trying to develop him a little bit in different roles but I expect CB will be his position. He started against Liverpool U18s in a 4-2 win on the last day of the season - in all honesty he didn’t seem to getbon the ball much and looked a bit uncomfortable in his role as an 8. He was a 15 year old at the time though so probably the youngest lad on the field.

He’s only played a handful of minutes so just like Amara Nallo last season I can’t give a detailed run down because the footage simply isn’t there to watch!

4 Likes

https://x.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1826888704364777637

Arnie is fucking ruthless…

5 Likes

This one I do not understand. Loan surely.

Supposed to be getting loaned to Celta Vigo isn’t he?

Quansah has picked up an injury that prevented him from training today and he’ll probably be out of Brentford match. With my tongue in my cheek I wonder if it’s the universe’s way of reminding the club’s hierarchy of their handling of CB situation four years ago, that played a significant role in us not winning the title that season.

7 Likes