The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I dont think he is much of an upgrade over McTomnay. They are paying 30 million more to replace McTominay with the new McTominay. Atleast McTominay gets some important goals for them.

3 Likes

We donā€™t have the whole picture and I think it could be a very astute option (if he passes the health due diligence) under some conditions if:

1. Based on performances it seems likely we will extend Salahā€™s contract.
  2. Available right wingers are going to be a downgrade on Salah (if we let him go) and whose upside will be curbed if we do keep him and they donā€™t play (i.e., if we like the options with good upside).
  3. It will allow players we are looking at (whether internal or external) time to grow or mature.
1 Like

EXCLUSIVE: RB Salzburg in advanced talks to sign Stefan Bajčetić on loan from Liverpool. Negotiations at final stages with details to be clarified but already underway, as Pep Lijnders wants Stefan. Clubs in Spain also wanted him but RB Salzburg are now close.

Fabrizio Romano

[
@FabrizioRomano

10 Likes

@FabrizioRomano

: Negotiations ongoing between Juventus and Liverpool for Chiesa.

1 Like

@kerry_hau

: Liverpool have inquired for Kingsley Coman but are focusing on signing Federico Chiesa.

1 Like

Coman is Plan B on our list of injury prone players.

( :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

7 Likes

Dom Smith

@MrDomSmith

Ā·

15m

Crystal Palace working on Ā£30m deal for Eddie Nketiah. Maxence Lacroix could join, Newcastle now growing in confidence on Marc GuĆ©hi, and Joe Gomez in the picture now too. Johnstone and Ahamada want to leave. Busy week coming at

Why are we selling Joe? A known quantity sure to get game time?

As Iā€™ve said elsewhere, it might be Joe that wants to leave to play more regularly from the start, and in his preffered CB position, for which he is currently 4th choice.

1 Like

Heā€™s essentially become a utility squad player here - one who is not good enough at CB but is good enough at fullback positions, where we already have two able options each.

I understand that he wants to play regularly, I wouldnā€™t begrudge him that after all these years. However, Iā€™d be massively worried if we didnā€™t sign an upgrade before letting him go.

5 Likes

Potential would do me.

As long as there is cover.

Stefan Bajcetic is close to making a season-long loan move to Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg. [

@IanDoyleSport

]

2 Likes

His stock peaked last year, so itā€™s the best time to sell him.

But he prefers barca apparently.

Even though they cant afford, pay or register him.

2 Likes

Barcaā€™s name being used as a negotiation tactic I assume, one that Hughes should be able to see right through.

Itā€™s expected that players agents will negotiate hard for higher wages, and the threat of other clubs coming in can often see numbers increase - but we are not United or Chelsea, whereby we will be easily mugged off.

Guess we will be signing someone marque for midfield if we let Stefan go. Our current mid is Graven/Macca/Szob/Endo/Curtis. Elliott I guess is considered to play in the forward positions by Slot. Assume we buy Chiesa thatā€™s again a position for CAM and the wing. For pivot we are left with Graven/Macca/Endo and Curtis.

1 Like

I like the Bajcetic loan move. He knows Lijnders, who knows what he can do. Hopefully he grabs the opportunity with both hands, and then comes back next summer to make a real impact at Liverpool.

When he came into the side we saw his talent and started to imagine he would be a mainstay in the side for years to come. He had to grow into his body, and he had injury issues, so over a season of meaningful football was lost, at a crucial stage.

Now he is a bit off the pace to see much action with us, given the depth we have, and so a good loan is the best option. Good luck to Bajcetic!

13 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s a good move for everyone involved. The lad needs games at this stage in his career and opportunities with us are going to be limited.
Fingers crossed he stays fit and does well.

1 Like

Didnā€™t they just buy Bobby Clark too? I doubt two youngsters will both get enough game time.

It will be an unpopular opinion, but he is a downgrade on McTominay. He runs around a lot and gets stuck in and people will appreciate him for that, but he really doesnt bring much else and is a step backwards in EtHā€™s path to developing a team that can dominate games with the ball.

Itā€™s relevant that our data guys have really liked him since before he moved to Juve.

3 Likes