The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

That’s what I’m saying!

United are hardly a beacon of sensible transfers.

2 Likes

It was fundamentally spend big not spend wisely.

Let’s face it every summer we see pundits and “fans” bang on about what they spend and where has it got teams, one survived relegation barely, one is 14pts behind in the league.

The fee for VVD was a lot higher than we first agreed…
10 bottles of red in quick succession, a lot of ‘slurred’ words here and there… Hey Presto, Southampton screw us for a further £20m :0)

1 Like

Then again it’s not been a waste

Kelleher to Celtic?

Surely he can do better than that.

1 Like

Exactly.

It’s what we do at Liverpool.

Some of our record transfers and those that are also among the general record transfers have more question marks than others.

Hopefully our success is more Virgil van Dijk like and less Andy Carroll like.

We are a rich Sevilla, basically.

:slight_smile:

Doubt we’d sell him til the summer and I’d be a bit surprised if they paid that for him.

Assume you mean this…

Sounds like an absolute less than nothing, the rest of the news is also all stuff the club put out over a week ago bar Nunez travelling to Spain to watch some La Liga.

Only way i can see us signing Mbappe is if Mo is sold to Saudi as that would open up space on the wage bill nut even then he would be taking a massive pay cut so it then comes down to if he genuinely wants to play for us or wants to go chasing the $$$'s

What?

I was mainly trying to get away from KM chat.

For Kelleher you could imagine that a secure place as number one keeper somewhere might be attractive and Irish players feel at home at Celtic.
He’d win a few medals, no doubt, and spend a lot of time picking the ball out of the net all over Europe.

For Kelleher, it makes a lot of sense to move on.

If he wants to play regularly, it’s not going to happen soon as Alisson doesn’t show any sign of form ever dropping significantly or will to change club. Buffon/Casillas type of situation.

Sorry I forgot to copy the Mail link into the thread.

Anyhow here it is

2 Likes

If this guy does get transferred out… and to date he has never really let us down in any way shape or form - thinking back to the 11th penalty kick he blasted home in the final - the last thing I would wish on him, is if he goes to a club and shows to be inconsistent, or not very good… is that he gets pilloried by his own fans and the media, as per Onana at Old Toilet…!
Celtic would probably be good stepping stone move for a few seasons at least

I’m not sure if it’s still the case today but when i was growing up most of us supported both Celtic and either Liverpool or Utd,Arsenal to a lesser extent.If Caoimhin is looking to play for a team he supported as a kid then Celtic will probably be an attractive destination for him.I think he could reach a higher level than that but which club in the EPL is he going to go to from us who are going to win regular titles/cups.

Uh-oh. Don’t let @Sweeting see that.

1 Like

Could be a great move for him.

I was surprised he didn’t move last season, to be honest.

My only reservation is that I don’t think Celtic have the money to pay us what he is worth.

3 Likes

Working Jim Carrey GIF

1 Like

Question is what type of money could they offer. Even if I’m under no illusions over the maximum we could get for him. I think he would’ve probably left last summer if we didn’t have EL football this season. Other clubs went for other targets, he had some so-so appearances and EL football meant he would be getting EL group stage games, coupled with the League Cup. Klopp actually said something like, we convinced him to help us one more season. He’ll have 2 years left next summer, so it could be the right timing to do it. But a few things need to click also.

He needs to move. He is a good goalie but it’s impossible to say how good. Lower Prem? Mid or higher? He needs to play week in and week out to show what he can do.

Back up goalie at Liverpool is a young man’s game e.g. Pitaluga, or an old man’s game e.g. Adrian. When you are creeping up toward your mid 20s you’ve learned all you can in coaching, but your biggest need now is to play week in week out, at the highest level you can get.

We should make sure we insert a healthy sell on, and the option to buy back, just in case he grows to the point he could be considered as an Alisson replacement in a few years. I doubt he will get that good, as we are talking about the best in the world in Alisson, but either way, good luck to Kelleher and I hope he gets a suitable move and kicks on in his career.

Edit
Like others, I’m not sure what sort of money Celtic have, so the fee might be more modest than we expect if he goes there, unless they have a tidy player to go into our squad in exchange, but I’m not sure I see that!

2 Likes

OK! We have an unreliable rumour, but maybe we’ll let Arsenal pay 50 million quid for a 22 year old LB.