The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

@moderators Can Francois Plateau please be added to the banned sources list? It’s a piss-take account created by a RAWK poster.

Thanks.

2 Likes

You have to wonder how people have so much time on their hands and why they don’t use it for something more meaningful and productive.

Like me on here.

Shouldn’t you be busy designing more football boots?

1 Like

i know your of a…different era…but…you do know hes NOT the actual footballer Craig Johnson dont you?

i know youve got yourself up on your on Av…but it doesnt have to be of yourself…as in, the photo on his avatar isnt actually him…

just asking out of concern here though…you dont go on dating apps do you?

1 Like

I may or may not be CJ, but you are certainly a BJ.

1 Like

I added him ages ago!

Ah, that’s just in the thread formerly known as the Twitter thread, I’ll update the main rumour mill sticky thread, cheers

4 Likes

What.the.actual.fuck.
Mods please ban this delusional madman.

read the fine print. his release clause is £98mil

That whole story smells like an agent agitating.

We could get Guimares for £32m this year. Yes, and then another 32m next year, and another £30m after that.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want Guimares for 32 cents. Every time I watch him he looks shit, and nothing more than an agitating prick.

2 Likes

yeah i must admit, i dont watch alot of footy outside of LFC anymore, but Guimares has never really done anything for me…

1 Like

I agree. But I reserve the right to change my mind if we do sign him :grinning:

We won’t.

1 Like

I used to have one of those. It mellows with age.

I don’t think Bruno makes us better. Plus he’s a red card waiting to happen in every match he plays. Steer clear I say.

I am of a differing opinion I think Guimares is head a nd shoulders the best player For Newcastle, he is good in possession in all phases, works his socks off and seems to give damn. He may be down on last years form but that is because he is being overused.

As for a red card waiting to happen, he has been lucky not to get one, but he at least has fire.

The only other player I would consider from Newcastle is Isak, he is a cool finisher

1 Like

He is a good player.
But potential red cards at Newcastle will equate to actual red cards at Liverpool.

2 Likes

Depends on how he is asked to play? Was he regularly carded prior to moving to Newcastle.

More of a comment on the club than the player

FIFY :0)

1 Like

The other issue with Guimares is why on Earth would we want to do business with Newcastle?

The way the Premier League’s PSR regs are structured a club is able to book the whole value of a transfer when selling, but for buying a player they can amortise it over the length of the contract.

If someone buys Guimares for £100m, and Newcastle then buy a player for 100m on a five year contract, they book £100m as an incoming, but only book £20m as an outgoing. So someone buying Guimares could be clearing Newcastle to do a £250m summer.

At the very least, clubs need to be absolutely screwing them in negotiations. Like with Chelsea. They are in a pickle, which is why they are looking to sell Gallagher - their best player and their captain for Christ’s sake. As a home grown player he represents 100% book profit. If we give them £80m for him or Colwill, and solve their financial problems in a stroke, I’ll be furious.

1 Like