The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Where’s @Iftikhar and his “please” gif?

1 Like

Barca ain’t buying anyone for the price Diaz would command and I don’t think PSG are that much of a sway.

I’m more confident of him staying than I’ve ever been to be honest. The club will have helped in locating his family here for the time period.

Salah I think will see out his contract, that doesn’t bother me in the slightest. With some of the youth coming through and the likes of Edwards back I’m confident we will be able to continue to deliver without big sales.

FFS!!

You’d be struggling for positioning too, playing between Skrtel and Enrique on a back line. you’d be constantly trying to cover for them. he was still better than Carragher in 2011/12.

He was left CB, so he’s be challenging with Van Dijk. nobody in the world could bump him out of that spot right now.

1 Like

He’d likely be injured sadly.

I don’t think anyone is saying “sell him”…at least not me. I think the general sentiment is to not stand in his way if he’d like to leave. If that is the case, let him go and the club can find a replacement.

1 Like

We are doing this all based on some rather unreliable rumours one from a club that couldn’t afford him anyhow.

5 Likes

While we are spouting BS, I’d be open to selling Salah in the summer too for the right molah and a plan (especially if we win the league).

That’s fair. I really thought Skrtel was terrible.

But I think fans tend to overrate Agger. Best of a bad bunch, nowhere near as good as his Hansen regen hype.

2 Likes

Agger was a very good, ball playing defender, in an iffy Liverpool side. The overall level of the side was miles off where we are today, so it’s hard to say how a well a player like Agger might compare. Since he’s a top red, and since he introduced Fernando Torres to his elbow in such spectacular fashion, Daniel son gets any benefit of the doubt from me.

Mind you, he was let down by his body and had a poor fitness record.

A fit Agger could’ve played in this side, no doubt.

3 Likes

Musiala? Max Beier? Frimpong?

Some tidy players out there if we make a few changes. I’m chilled as we have a great squad and don’t need much, but I would expect the new manager to put his own stamp on it. It will be interesting to see if the new manager makes a change or two most of us would not, to players we might consider core men.

I fairness neither was Hansen.

@Bekloppt - his reputation was enhanced by what came after and he made more mistakes than the likes of VVD in his impervious season (in fairness he could afford to).

If we were to sell Diaz, we could replace him with Brighton’s Mitoma. Perhaps Endo would appreciate having a Japanese ‘tomodachi’ to chat with. I know it’s not relevant but he sems to be smarter than the average footballer. He has a degree from the University of Tsukuba, which is one of Japan’s more highly regarded universities. Admittedly his degree was in PE.

If we were to also sell Mo for an astronomical amount, then one option could be buying that life-long Red to play as CF, Ivan Toney, and move Nunez to the right.

We’re also being linked, probably by his agent, with Musiala of Bayern Munich. I can’t see us buying any kind of midfielder.

Chelsea are set to secure a healthy sell-on fee if Bayern Munich agree to sell Germany midfielder Jamal Musiala, who is being linked with an £80m move away from the Bundesliga giants, with Manchester City and Liverpool interested in the 21-year-old. (Mail)

1 Like

I think any rumours would have more credibility if Klopp and others were staying or Edwards had been in his role more than a minute.

Yes we will have some plans set out by those already there and who will continue to work there but I think Edwards first steps will be assessing what we have as well as who the new manager will be.

I actually expect a quiet summer bar the new set up, perhaps one or two players come in and a few leave.

I don’t think we will be whole sale selling players

1 Like

But how did Agger do. Do. Do.

Someone had to…

1 Like

FIFY

By his own admission, towards the end of his LFC career, Agger was having to take so many painkillers just to walk onto the pitch that he barely knew where he was half the time.

Thought he was excellent and hype-worthy in his early days, but clearly injuries and the medications he needed to mitigate them had a big effect on his performances.

10 Likes

Excellent player but sadly his body couldn’t keep up

1 Like

Fabio Aurelio :pensive: