The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I know Barcelona still have the name, but it’s about all they have.

Latin American or not, any player moving to Barca must know that they are moving to a headcase club that doesn’t even know that it can register players from one window to the next.

Happy to sell Diaz, especially if he ‘isnt settled’; but only at the right price. Doubt Barca could afford that and no way would let Luis leave on cheap.

Luis is a very good player but he isn’t Suarez for me to feel gutted if he does decide to move.

Lucho easily replaceable with a much better finisher. His end product is lacking but love his dribbling, desire, and work rate.

1 Like

Around the kidnapping his level dropped off a bit, understandably. Just lately, he has got his mojo back and is a smashing player.

The late run against Man City was incredible. Pace running with the ball, drag back, trick, dribble, the lot. He had them running after him all the way down the pitch to winning a corner. He was so exhausted he had to take a second to get back up. Brilliant stuff.

Ok, his finishing could have been better and we’d have won, but there are not many wingers in world football I’d rather have.

If he does want to leave, we have form for not standing in the way, but as everyone said, we will want top dollar. If that happens I fully expect Edwards, Hughes and Alonso to reinvest the dough wisely, and we will be quite fine.

But hopefully it’s a nothing rumour and he stays, as he is a smashing player.

2 Likes

Xabi will takeover, switch to 3 at the back, Trent into midfield, Diaz and Bradley to compete for the RWB spot.

Sorted. :slight_smile:

Joking of course, we’ll see.

1 Like

La Liga have them over a fucking barrel and it is only because of those restriction that Barca have been prevented from mortgaging themselves to the hilt to keep buying players they couldnt afford.

2 Likes

Another league would have not bothered in keeping those restrictions for Barca. But Barca at the end of are still managing to register those players.

Because in addition to selling off money making portions of the club to accelerate revenue generation, they have had to undergo squad destroying gymnastics to get into compliance and focus almost exclusive on free transfers to fill in the gaps. In 3 seasons (5 transfer windows) there has only been about 4 players they have paid a transfer fee for (the only ones I can think of are Rafinha, Torres, Kounde and Lewi).

2 Likes

It’s really sad there are always 1 or 2 players fans have to be negative about.

You could understand it if this was still a team knocking around 4-6th place, carrying average players like Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Lambert, Downing, Flanagan, etc. but this is a serious football team. There is no room for players who aren’t at the very elite of football.

Luis Diaz joined in January 2022, and slotted into a side that went on to almost win the quadruple. When he was signed there was genuine talk of how had Liverpool been able to do this again, and had their ever been a player settle as quickly as him. He pushed Sadio Mane out of the left wing berth, who was repurposed as a central striker.

He started the 2022/23 season as our best player, until he was (in my view cynically) injured by Thomas Partey, and lost almost the whole season. He understandably didn’t look the same player as before.

He came back at the start of this season, and looked like he was regaining some of his previous form. He then had the awful personal situation that threw him again.

But here he looks to be getting back to his best, he has been exceptional in his last few games, and was absolutely fantastic against City.

So sell him now?

5 Likes

His family are dancing in the stands in Liverpool tops, while he’s bursting a gut on the pitch. I don’t see any indications that he’s ’unsettled’. Tabloid bullshit

5 Likes

:thinking:

6 Likes

No surprise he’s in demand as he’s a brilliant player, Barca and now PSG look to be after him.

I’d be sad to see him go but every player has his price, if either are prepared to stomp up 250m upfront, then I’d wish him the best.

I’m not negative about him. Just that if there’s a good enough offer and the player wants to move , the club should let the transfer happen.

1 Like

Decent CB at the time, but always hugely overrated by fans, and the subsequent years have highlighted what a real CB looks like.

1 Like

Mascot would now probably say to Mascot that he’s negative about Agger.

:joy:

1 Like

Not within the context of a team bouncing around sixth place.

Agger was alright, but he was only ever alright. He was lovely on the ball, and decent one on one. But his positioning was fucking awful. If prime Agger was dropped into this team, he wouldn’t be starting, and I don’t think he’d get ahead of Matip, Quansah or Gomez in the pecking order.

What we have now is a genuinely amazing football team where everyone is elite and there are no weak links. Diaz is a massive part of that.

1 Like

Don’t see any issues with people talking about Agger, Diaz or whoever. Regardless if the team is doing great or not. That’s what forums are here for? We’re not in the stands or speaking to those guys in person.

On Agger specifically, I hear sort of what you’re saying (in terms of being loved more than how good he was as a defender and I think he was very good), but wouldn’t go that far.

On the Diaz stuff, it’s strange that in the last few days, he’s been linked with Barcelona and PSG. Is his agent testing the market or something?

Salah, I’m not too concerned about, unless it’s a Saudi bid, but is it possible we could see us lose both of them this summer? It’d leave us with a stonking transfer budget, but a lot to do to rebuild the attack.

I just heard Barca are going to offer £150m for Cody.

1 Like