The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

True, I should have worded it better - I’m not sure that Elliott is a midfielder in the first place, that’s why I didn’t include him in the senior group. That said, I expect him to become a midfielder, rather than a right winger or whatever that role on the right is, I’m just not sure that he is a central midfielder now.

In a world where you don’t require to register him as one?

He’s got a vast amount of experience for a youngster, but a youngster he still is.

Hopefully the new coach who’s coming in (while he’ll be backed in the transfer market) would take a look at the resources at hand.

This is a damn good squad in the making , even if Matip and Thiago were to leave (Thiago is certain to leave)

1 Like

Yeah that is absolutely true… it is to be remembered though, IMO, no new coach will want to win things with a Jurgen team/squad…! Changes might be made just for the sake of making them and stamping a different personality onto the team :man_shrugging:

His distribution has been terrible so far this season with St. Pat’s.

2 Likes

Doubt they would get hired if that were the case…

1 Like

Its becoming a bit of a joke, him at St Pats. If he cannot perform at LOI level he certainly has no future at LFC.
And thats not being disrespectful, its just the way it is.

4 Likes

Regardless of what happens to Salah, LFC needs to identify a successor (to right wing) to him or at least the Salah of the 2017-2019 vintage. Out of the forwards that LFC has, only 2 can be considered as consistently good finishers : Jota (27) and Salah (31).

The lack of cutting edge hurt us in the last game against Man City with Diaz and Nunez not being very consistent good finishers.

Sure, Salah has a few more years to go before his father time catches up on him. But do we need to wait till then to know whether if the any of the kids can have the same skillsets as him?

1 Like

5 Likes

Nunez. Come on , he’s just getting started.

1 Like

With better finishing we should have won against Man City, but overall the quantity of goals we are scoring is fine.

When Salah leaves, I suspect the overall quantity will remain in the same ballpark, but will be spread around a bit more.

The point is well made that Nunez is just getting started too. He will score more as we go.

Salah’s finishing is not really standout. He is average/ bellow average though. We need more attackers, yes, but I think we need one more dribbler than a finisher.

From today’s BBC gossip column:

Liverpool have told Barcelona that Colombia winger Luis Diaz, 27, is part of the club’s long-term plans and will not be for sale this summer. (Mirror)

Barcelona haven’t got a pot to piss in. Not sure how they could afford Lucho. :man_shrugging:

Arsenal and Liverpool are both interested in Eintracht Frankfurt and Ecuador centre-back Willian Pacho, 22. (90min)

Never heard of that Pacho bloke. Anybody seen the mandatory ten games?

1 Like

If Lucho does want to leave , I’d rather the club not stand in his way and let Diaz leave at a fair price. Around 140m seems alright.

3 Likes

Completely agree that the club shouldn’t stand in the way if he wants to leave. My point, however, is that Barcelona are skint. There’s no way they could possibly afford to buy Diaz.

2 Likes

Exactly. But if they still want him , there’s the quoted price.

Barca are probably still capable of the odd big transfer here and there, but there’s so many questions about them these days. It just wouldn’t be worth it for them. They have transfer windows in which they don’t even know who they’ll be able to register until late in the window. Very problematic for squad building and looking ahead strategy. Plus, there’s the usual Spanish rubbish rumours. Plus, I think that might be it for Diaz in terms of his ceiling, we will probably end up being the club that paid the most for him in his career. He’s not that impressive that someone comes for him at such a big price on a contract that would likely tie him to the age of 31-32.

2 Likes

If his family are still holed up on Merseyside… Diaz might be more of a family package these days, with peer pressure and the like, ‘chunnering’ down his ear for a move to a place that is more like home to them…

1 Like

Still doesn’t seem to stop them from going ahead and making those deals too. They’ll simply then sell off even more of their club’s commercial rights etc as a short term fix.

They are being propped up by La Liga right now giving them dispensations etc to sign those players.

It’s a running risk for any south american player when the likes of Barca and Real come calling.

1 Like