The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

5 Likes

Who is Billy Liddell???

12 Likes

Oh come on, he means as a source for transfer rumours. :laughing:

2 Likes

Then the answer is equally obvious: yet another internet ITK/bullshitter.

4 Likes

Yup just browse the rumours and fan sites focus on a player who is mentioned that isn’t particularly out of the expected and then suggest we are in talks.

Doesn’t happen just say the talks broke down. You’ll get one right and then you live off that for life.

And your followers will back you up when someone calls it out.

6 Likes

Hear ye hear ye…

We are in talks with Bissouma. I can’t say how I know this, but we are, nudge nudge wink wink. We may send a player there on loan to sweeten the deal as competition for his signature is emerging, after the season he has been having.

Konate is all but done, and Kabak is under review until the end of the season, but it looks like the defence will be strengthened.

Oh, and we are in for a striker, my sources have told me to keep my lips sealed, but I am quietly hopeful.

I need to find a way to monetize this. Easy this scam!

12 Likes

Around 85mil pounds. Would it be a good deal? I am never an advocate for buying flavour of the month, as their prices will inflated with the usual rich and clueless clubs bidding for him. Granted, his stock has fallen behind Mbappe and Haaland but 85mil is still alot of money for a player. This season, he did not do as well as the last but still a very good season by many standards. If it is purely a cost play, I would only buy him if it is below 80mil, more like the 70-75mil range with payment structured over seasons.

Having said that, I always prefer for us to buy a very good player that we can develop for a way more realistic price.

1 Like

So someone like a 21 year old winger that has already impressed at a top league and in Europe but will still not be near his peak? Someone who can improve further under Klopp?

For me I could see Sancho happening as a faint possibility, maybe with 1, 2 or all 3 of Keita, Origi and Minamino going the other way. If he did come in though I think that might be freeing up Firmino for a departure.

If they accept 2 mil up front and the rest paid in pennies over the duration of Sancho’s life then it could happen.

8 Likes

Origi + Takumi + 40mil sounds fair!!!

From another perspective, I think Dortmund is skirting a disaster regarding Sancho. I don’t see anyone paying such atrocious amount for him, at least in this environment. With just two years left in his contract, he may very well go (to Bayern) for free.

1 Like

First and foremost, the quality of the player is there. Burst through, productive, goals, skill, pace, it’s all there. He has already shown he can do it, and at just 21 it’s reasonable to assume there is further improvement to come, and indeed another big move after Liverpool if the exit strategy is part of the consideration in buying.

So the player is right, to my mind.

Now it’s just the money… no small thing! We have some players that Dortmund might want, especially if they are losing a few this summer. But then again, usually teams want cold hard cash to do their own shopping, and Dortmund’s recruitment has been good. Why would they want our cast offs on high wages?

The player is right. If a deal can be done, great! We need to start thinking about planning for beyond the current front three, albeit not all at once, and Sancho fits the bill.

2 Likes

The other thing about Sancho that might make a bit higher fee make sense to pay is the fact that he’s English, so he helps meet some of those squad place rules that someone like Mbappe wouldn’t.

3 Likes

I like Sancho, I wouldn’t pay that but if there is a deal worth doing I’d do it.

2 Likes

Rumoured Dortmund interested in Oxlade. 20m being mentioned

2 Likes

Arsenal think they are close to signing him according to their fanbase.

1 Like

The club have most likely been planning this for several years. Unfortunately, Covid, and now the lack of CL football has thrown the club a huge curve ball from which it is trying to adapt to.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that’s a shocker of a rumour, would love to know who is spreading that!

1 Like

Don’t have a clue who he is or how reliable but I seen it here https://www.empireofthekop.com/2021/05/03/liverpool-name-price-for-27-year-old-who-wants-to-leave-anfield-fichajes/.

1 Like

Most transfer rumours/stories are unreliable. As a rule of thumb, a media source in a country which has no link to the player or clubs involved is an even bigger warning flag as to reliability.

So many fansites now, but was Empire of the Kop one of the more high profile ones that got caught out copying the work of other people?

2 Likes