The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

They would still have scouts, whether they function in the traditional way or not is another question

4 Likes

Funny thing I saw when I went was about 4 or 5 guys run across the pitch to the changing rooms at half times carrying laptops.

Old Griffin park wasnā€™t ready for the technological age.

I assume the new ground is.

3 Likes

is it KDB?

Lukaku is a big, fat, fast Brandao who knocks defenders over. So yes heā€™s bigger, and fatter and knocks defenders over more easily.

2 Likes

He will probably have a release clause though ayeā€¦?

1 Like

Those raving about Brentford, are right to. Theyā€™re the only club in the country that donā€™t have an academy. Their owner stated, ā€œwhatā€™s the point in having an academy when the bigger clubs just take them away from usā€. Which is very true and they play good football, Iā€™ve felt sorry for Brentford for the last 3yrs, they were the best team in the playoffs each season and didnā€™t make it, so I was happy for them to be in the premier league and Iā€™ll happily put money on them staying and Norwich (championship winners) go straight down. Shame they changed stadium as Griffin Park was famously known for having a pub on each corner of the ground.

4 Likes

They had to change if you had ever visited.

No chance it was moving forward at Griffin Park sad to say.

3 Likes

Ben Davies is moving to Sheffield United on a season-long loan. [@SkySportsLyall]

2 Likes

I wish him all the best, evidently not what we needed.

2 Likes

Came in to fill a gap that in the end didnā€™t need filling.

2 Likes

Bit surprised itā€™s not a permanent deal. I wonder how much of that is financial situation of other clubs, and how profitable loan deals can be for us.

2 Likes

Yeah slightly surprising must work out for us better in this regard.

Unless the offers made were terrible.

1 Like

Its probably financial situation of other clubs. It was said on Talk sport other day this is the lowest spending summer window upto the point the season starts and is on course to be lowest ever.

1 Like

Been saying here for over a year that we should sign Ismaila Sarr. Gonna be adding an extra Ā£30m to his price tag by end of this season!

3 Likes

Maybe the club just have absolutely no interest in himā€¦

3 Likes

Drove past a couple of times, I never went brother did though as heā€™s an Oxford fan. He also said Thanks for Brannagan

1 Like

So looking at the transfer window till now:

1. Players in for 36 mln. pounds:

One new player - Konate for 36 mln. pounds

1. Players out for 36,3 mln. pounds:

Grujic - 10,5 mln. pounds
Awonyi - 6,5 mln. pounds
Wilson - 12 mln. pounds
Grabara - 3 mln. pounds
Millar - 1,3 mln. pounds
Ings - 2 mln. pounds
Ben Davies - 1 mln. pounds /loan fee/

Gini left on a free transfer, while Coyle, Sharif, Hardy and Walls were released.
Savage and Larouci signed for Newcastle and Troyes and as far as I remember they will bring extra 500 000 pounds into the clubs coffers.

New contracts for Alisson, Kelleher, TAA, Virgil, Fabinho.

Loans for van den Berg, Glatzel, Lewis, Arroyo, Jaros and Ojrzynski

And I expect to see at least 3 players departing the club on a permanent transfers till the end of August - Shaqiri, Phillips and Karius. Ojo, Origi and Woodburn could all be sold, if a suitable offer arrives.

I still think that the club must sign a midfielder - young player with potential and quality, because in my opinion midfield is the place where the club can improve with the right player.

1 Like

I think Klopp would argue they brought in a young midfielder with potential and quality when they brought Elliott back.

13 Likes

I donā€™t think we need a new midfielder.

Our strongest 3 will be Fab, Hendo, Thiago.

Ox Milner and Kieta and Jones and Harvey will do me

4 Likes