The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Any rumours linking us to Adama Traore?

Plenty. Hopefully theyā€™re all nonsense.

10 Likes

The links Iā€™ve seen are mainly involving him going to Spurs. I would be very surprised if we were to be in for him.

2 Likes

team america vomit GIF

2 Likes

Itā€™s funny, I wouldnā€™t want us to go near Adama Traore but if we did I would actually be really excited because it would mean Klopp and the coaches would fancy their chances of unlocking his ability to score and assist. If those improved heā€™d be an elite talent. I donā€™t think they will ever significantly improve but if Klopp believes they will Iā€™ll happily accept his judgement and get excited about it!

2 Likes

im thinking along the same lines as well. Actually Traore fits alot of what we want from our wing players, defensively present , fast, strong. There is alot Jurgen can work with there.

1 Like

There is but for what Wolves would want I reckon you could get Saint-Maximin for less and heā€™s already got pretty much all of what youā€™d be trying to turn Traore into.

8 Likes

Thereā€™s also a lot that just does not seem to have any hint it is there whatsoever and I found it funny when people were talking massive fees for him. But if Klopp thought he could unlock what doesnā€™t appear to be thereā€¦ who am I to disagree?

I do like Saint Maximin and he is another one who i think would fit the type of player we can use. Just nothing linking us to him as of yet.

Hope so too. I mean weā€™ll end up spending way too much on baby oil.

2 Likes

Sorry but this is not acurrate, we expect our wide forwards (not wingers btw) to score goals. Itā€™s their primary function, Traore in his best season scored 4 in the league.

He also excels playing counter attacking football, something we transitioned away a long time ago. Heā€™s great when 1 v 1 at pace running into spaceā€¦ I think heā€™d be abysmal for us trying to break down low block defensive sides.

5 Likes

If we want a fast winger who is strong and can beat people for fun with his athleticism, I would have Doku over Traore.

Both are flawed, but Doku has several years on Traore to learn to add goals and assists. Might be a false assumption, but Iā€™m thinking that the added youth gives added scope to shape the player.

1 Like

PS - as for Camavinga, yes please for me. And keep him there on loan for the year, while a couple of our old boys do another season to make space.

Just playing devilā€™s advocate for a second, but if we start to stack up tomorrowā€™s midfield sooner rather than later, the need to give Henderson too much of an extended deal maybe lessens? Or at least, if we extend with him a little, it might be incentivized on playing time, as I think injuries and the emergence of the new breed will lessen his playing time, if not necessarily now, then in a couple of years.

Elliott, Jones, Camavinga, Bellinghamā€¦ yep, put me down for some of that.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think this is really an issue. There should be plenty of room in the squad for Hendo whether or not we sign a new midfielder.

1 Like

You meant Daka, right??? :smirk:

Regardless of outgoings I dont see us bringing anyone else in. Klopp seems happy with what he has got.

One for @legalalien :grinning:

lip sync battle thailand GIF

Ah yes, but thatā€™s the Anywhere Door. What we need is Doraemonā€™s Magic pocket from which we produce Traore, Saint Maximin, Neto and Doku.

I donā€™t think Traore has the football intelligence to be an elite player.
And I think Saint Maxim seems to be too much of an individualist to be part of an elite collective like ours. Hes good, but not good enough to make allowances for. Seems like a great guy though.

4 Likes

I wonder how much of his individualism is because of the quality of the team around him (I havenā€™t seen a lot of his games)?
I think he is worth signing for the bantz alone :rofl:

https://twitter.com/433/status/1217827316249686016?s=20

3 Likes