The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

To my mind, if Jota goes we absolutely replace him with another attacker. Preferably a left footer who does good work coming in from the right side.

So the forward options would be:

Salah, Nunez, Diaz, Gakpo, New man e.g. Diaby.

Five senior strikers, augmented by Carvalho, Doak and hopefully Gordon, who will all be clamoring for minutes as they try to make their way.

Yeah.

Maybe we’d look at the free market and see if there’s an option to bag a profit from Jota and use it for our priority signings elsewhere?

Because with each day, the media make it look like we’ll have more and more signings, which I struggle to believe.

How the hell do we plan to sign Bellingham, Nunes, a CB, a serious forward to replace Jota, a cheap goalkeeper and what else.

I’ll wait more before believing a lot of what’s been said now.

And I think Elliott has more chances of remaining here than Carvalho next season. He could cover both in midfield and attack.

Wrong Julian :rofl:

Fair comment. The truth is we don’t know what the budget is for summer. And the priorities as I see it would be:

Midfielder
Midfielder
Central Defender

There could be numerous permutations for that trio, depending on the budget.

Touching the attack is way down the pecking order, especially in light of recent investment in that part of the team. The discussion on Jota seems speculative. If he stays, great, as he is a good player. If he does go, then it should be for a very good fee, and to my mind we would need to add an attacker or we will be short up top.

1 Like

I would think if any player is subject to a silly bid like Barca did for Coutinho, it would be Salah. I always said that when Salah extended his contract, it was not just because Mane left but also to protect his value. If he continues this red hot form now, you can see PSG being tempted to spend 100m on Salah at least. But yes I think most of us want the main 4 to stay especially Firmino is leaving but like some said, it’s only prudent to anticipate such scenarios where someone bids ridiculous money and we can move quickly to capture opportunities to replace.

Edit: and not just ridiculous money, the player must want to leave. Klopp does not like to force players to leave just because it benefits us financially

Hi Naby, reality calling.

120k a week? Wow, how much more does he want that even AC Milan got put off by his demands?

1 Like

Likely driven by his agent but yeah.

I wonder, how much does his agent thinks Naby Keita is worth now? He’s approaching 30 and his body is so unreliable.

The most said agent can fleece a team for…that’s how much he’s worth.

No one is gonna give him a high basic salary now and it will be heavily skewed towards appearances fees…

Off to the portugese league would be best for him

FC Oliviera do Hospital perhaps?

They offered him pay as you play but his agent informed them that he doesn’t work for charity.

1 Like

We went from a trio of PL clubs to Milan baulking at paying wages for a free.

I would say he is a classic Turkish signing but that move may not happen.

Mate at this point I’d like anyone decent who actually gives a fuck regardless of who we play

I can see Everton signing him and arranging a swap deal with Ali, genius.

I have clothes on and will give my all. Wouldn’t mind the £80k a week either :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’ll do it for £70K :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Crazy thing is it’s kind of obscene when you look at this.

I’m on 30k a year I would be happy for one month of a footballers wages.

4 Likes

Market determines…scarcity of product…very few people have the skills and physical attributes and abilities to do what they do. At the very top level they are almost superhuman. That’s what you pay for.

What should be questioned far more is things like CEO salaries because those are definitely not deserved