The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Tony is the only 100% English man to play for the Republic of Ireland.

1 Like

He’s got to be Italian somewhere down the line.

Watching Fulham vs Leeds today I’d be surprised if there’s anything in the links to Palinha, he is terrible on the ball.

Lavia produced a bit of a masterclass last night as the ‘6’ for Southampton, Palinha hasn’t got anything like the same ability.

He’s not a player for a top side.

3 Likes

Think he just wants to play.
Obviously he’s not getting game time here.
I just pointed out his stats this season are better than Darwins.

He is mate. It’s quite funny seeing all the DMs suggested as some of them aren’t great under pressure and have poor passing stats. Two pre-requisites in our team.

I saw this on the Beeb this morning and was posted in the other rumour thread…

One player not mentioned among the ones involved - Ugarte

Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

I wonder if Ugarte is already spoken for so no-one else is chasing?

A write up of the one of the most highly rated youngsters in La Liga who we’re been linked to

1 Like

Never heard of him. Anyone watched the required 10 games?

This caught my eye in that article

The kind of player who’s able to get to where they need to be at just the right moment, to finish the move off."

Like Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard? “Those are just the examples I was about to give! He’s physically very strong, too. For any style of football, he has it all.”

I’d not heard of him until this year, which seems to align with what this article describes as a slow but stead rise. But since the first time I heard about him in the autumn hes had nothing but rave reviews.

1 Like

Assume he plays against Madrid later tonight it’s on ITV4 here in the UK.

1 Like

Jason McAteer. He’s as English as I am and played for the Republic.

1 Like

The McAteers had known familial connections to Ireland though. Some of the lads who have played for Ireland, and for Wales for that matter, are ones where people at the FAs have had to investigate the player’s background to find a sometimes unknown connection that qualifies them.

Wales have had a history of going strong for new immigrants who once they get british citizenship get to pick which of the home nations they want to play for. Famously we got Van Den Hauwe in the 80s because Nev and Ratcliffe convinced him to pick Wales over his native Belgium. The big lad who played CB for Palace in the 90s who wore a sweat band around his head was another.

1 Like

Cascarino talks the biggest load of crap when giving his opinions in the papers or on Talkshite… I avoid his comments like I would the plague…

His grandfather was Irish. Cascarino had zero Irish in him.

I played in a couple of teams with him, same school and year too.

Cascarino or Jason.

1 Like

Jason.

2 Likes

How did he qualify to play for Ireland? By drinking Guinness?

Google says through his adoptive Irish grandfather.