The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Be easier to send Klopp to the U21 Euros and wait for France to play the Netherlands.

Thuram, Kone, Gravenberch and Van de Ven break off from their respective pre-match team photos to have a Liverpool signing photo with Klopp right there on the pitch before kick off.

Bulk ship them back to Liverpool afterwards to save on the postage.

1 Like

And make them all throw eggs at Enzo Le Fe

I’m still unsure even with all the evidence that Enzo Le Fe isn’t just a Twitter injoke.

1 Like

Where’s the money saved on private flights , John?

:open_mouth:
Diomede is a world cup winner.

Piece neglects to mention she’s also the agent of Thuram and was recently at their training ground too.

Maybe we’re looking at two birds with one stone here.

3 Likes

Also says it was January so hardly new news.

5 Likes

I don’t know about Gravenberch, he was one of the shiny new Dutch talents until his last year at Ajax. Then the criticism started that he was arrogant, lazy and a bit of a dreamer.

He made a surprise move to Bayern for max €24m where he came mostly off the bench.

He is good at the ball and has the frame to play in the PL, perhaps if the price is right … Don’t know.

3 Likes

Slow news day at the echo…

From what I’ve read all over t’interweb, it’s his mentality that lets him down. He’s got all the physical attributes but is just too damn lazy.

Can’t see Jürgen tolerating that sort of player.

1 Like

Apparently he told a news outlet in his own country that he wants to be somewhere he can play, 100% of the time. Tuchel on the other hand, said, Ryan is a good dribbler, he needs to be patient and fight for his spot. That is telling.

Didn’t he say he wanted to be guaranteed playing time. Not 100%

3 Likes

Tell him he’ll get guaranteed playing time in training and of he plays well he’s guaranteed to get more…

Maybe I’m wrong, but i think he wanted assurances he will be more involved this year, not sure he’s looking for guarantees. He wants to play, didn’t enjoy sitting on the bench all year.

1 Like

The echo’s socials’ reporting is very annoying. They rehash about 4 stories a day to drive the clicks.

3 Likes

God yeah. Anything to keep the clicks going.

But I did think it was an interesting that Grabenberch and Thuram have the same agent. The Anfield Wrap lot were chatting about it and they made the point that in those circumstances there’s no playing the two off of each other like you might be able to do if they had different agents.

If we do indeed have an interest in both and are perhaps deciding between them then she has a bit of a conflict too. That or we’ve had an eye on them for a while and have been doing some wooing behind the scenes.

I think she’s the one who picked up most of Raiola’s clients after he popped his clogs so she’d be a good one to have on side providing she isn’t quite as awful as he was.

2 Likes

I wonder if we are in for both?

It’s tough to see what we are doing as there are several names in the pot, and we can’t be certain if we are going for one or two more midfielders.

1 Like

This is the issue I see - Raiola was the complete opposite of awful to his own clients, in terms of getting them the best/biggest contracts (not necessarily the best footballing moves in some cases), and if she’s the one to pick up his clients (and therefore groomed by him for the job I assume), she may well be very much the same - difficult to work with.

I would think if that was the case, we would be looking to steer clear.

NEW: Liverpool and Newcastle are the only two clubs willing to pay the €30m Fiorentina want for Sofyan Amrabat, but the midfielder prefers a move to Barcelona or Atletico Madrid. [@giaco_iaco]

NEW: Liverpool are one of the sides interested in PEC Zwolle defender Rav van den Berg, the younger brother of current player Sepp van den Berg. [[@SamiMokbel81_DM (https://twitter.com/SamiMokbel81_DM)]

Liverpool are leading the race for Inter Milan’s Nicolo Barella. However, Chelsea & Manchester United are also courting him.

- The price it would take for Inter Milan to let their star man leave this summer would be over £80m. @Gazzetta_it

Guess he’s 1 we can safely rule out then :frowning:

1 Like