The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I’m not convinced the rubber boots halves from Mane, or Jota looking like he’s never played football, or Mo dribbling into 3 players is part of the game plan. However We certainly did used to press better and with more intensity.

The biggest change for me has been a huge shift this season of the better teams refusing to go toe to toe with us. Instead they sit off, let us have the ball in front of them, basically copying a low block counter attack playbook from the likes of Sean Dyke, inviting us to break them down, which for the most part we fail to do. Which I agree to your point the chances created are rarely clear cut.

So yes we’ve scored record goals because against pretty much every other team us at 95% is more than enough and eventually we get a break, but the better teams can concentrate for the full 90 and we really struggle to break them down. Typically leading to us resorting to low % hit and hope type of balls and crosses, then turn overs and the inevitable goal on the counter.

That’s why I wonder if Klopp is ready to break up the fab three and get something a bit different, bring in someone who can make better space in the box and keep the ball meaning we can keep up the pressure.