The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

And Klopp has answered that, for players we really wanted, they have to be available at the right price and at the right time, we might have wanted Jude but Dortmund are not willing to negotiate now, we might have wanted Laimler but if they are asking for 80m, we won’t pay that, we will never know what happened but yes definitely we have targets but all we will know is that our club has a process and principle and I am not sure why you would only insist that its always because we are skint or stingy fucks that is why we are not signing the players you mentioned.

1 Like

It’s been an approach that has served us really well over the last five years or so though.

1 Like

You’re just doing this for laughs aren’t you?

2 Likes

Well …we might see Thiago and Melo playing together in our midfield … just imagine … i mean …wow

2 Likes

Both are weak in the air. They’ll get muscled off the ball.

Both passing endlessly back and forth to each other in the centre circle, breaking the all time passing records!

3 Likes

Yeah I agree, Tielemans has been shit for a couple of years from everything I’ve saw of him. Nowhere near as press-resistant as we look for and no energy in his play. Can knock the ball around nicely sure but we don’t really need that, we need a bit of energy and dynamism.

5 Likes

He’s an FSG shill

3 Likes

Tielemans is a lesser version of Ozil. Won’t nearly fit into our team. Would rather have Phil back if possible than go for Tielemans

2 Likes

Yup. And if United complete the De Jong move they’ll have spend close to 1.5 BILLION since Fergie retired. The most of any club in the world in that timeframe. and what will they have to show for it? Sweet fuck all.

Spunking shed loads of cash on players isn’t always the correct move. We’ve done alright with FSG’s model and Klopp’s coaching so far, let’s have a bit of faith in them, eh?

12 Likes

We need to test his high jump ability :upside_down_face:… ok, i wasn´t serious. Of course i dont believe it would happen (often) in our PL games, but i can see it happen (playing together) in CL games. Depending on which opponents we get tbf.

2 Likes

It will be more likely to happen in our PL games by keeping a physical player thete. Teams can lump the ball high and both Thiago and Melo get beaten off the ball in the air

2 Likes

I don’t even think that’s our approach. It’s mainly the VvD deal that makes people think it is.

If we hadn’t been able to get Alisson, would we have just continued with Karius or would we have looked at other options?

Did we play Milner at left back for a season because we were waiting for Hull to get relegated because we just had to have Andy Robertson?

We know it wasn’t Mo or no one as Klopp wanted Brandt.

If Konate had been injured in his last game for RB would we not have bought a centre back and gone another season with just 3?

Was Jota our one and only option for an addition to the forward line or was the well publicised fact Wolves let us only pay £5m as a first instalment a big factor?

If Diaz had picked Spurs or we couldn’t have afford the deal in January, would we not have replaced Mane this summer?

I get it, getting the one you want is important and not compromising if you can afford to wait is great. But when you have a gaping hole in the squad and the one you want goes elsewhere or stays where they are, then it’s a huge risk to just stand still and say we’ll wait and see.

6 Likes

Not saying it won’t work. But Fabinho needs more support here and at the moment Hendo / Milly despite their drawbacks (form/age etc) are the only other options to give some physicality while challenging for the long ball …

Both melo and Thiago are players who can recycle the ball quickly and then get the ball forward with those passes

He never played under Sari. They picked him up he following year when Pirlo had taken over. In terms of players he is comparable to, he’s a bit of mix between Jorginho and Thiago…someone who tries to be constantly available and then looks to direct play with his passes. He’d probably have been good for Juve under Sari but never got the chance.

3 Likes

As I have said it’s often commented how well these players fit for us, I don’t think it’s by chance that happens.

I guarantee Man Utd will be signing a player for a position they bought this summer in the next summer window.

2 Likes

We have a shortlist of two or three players. If we can’t get them we look to see if we can manage without them until situations appear for other players.

We’ve flexed from it a little bit, such as bringing in Thiago and Minamino just because the opportunity presented itself, but we don’t send much money on players we don’t see having a long term future. Our version of panic buying is Kabak on a half-season loan or Ben Davies for 500k. Melo is probably close to that bracket of signing.

Yes I think we identified Alisson, Robertson, Konate, Jota, Diaz etc as players we prioritised. They weren’t the only players we identified so we probably had back up options, and in some cases the player we got was our second choice such as Salah as you rightly point out.

We had a list of players this summer, by all accounts. Tchouameni, Bellingham, Gravenberch and Vitinha. We didn’t love any other options that were available. Didn’t work out with any on the shortlist so we waited to see if anything changed towards the end of the window, it hasn’t so we have brought in a band-aid.

3 Likes

Hello that’s very disrespectful.

Screenshot-2022-07-12-at-17.18.41

3 Likes

this video is an interesting watch, it´s not a highlight video, more of hearing some bits of Melos background

4 Likes

Isn’t this what this all is? 1 big laugh?