The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I wish I had the strength to avoid pointing out that Turin was human (the family tree from which the human side of Elrond descended), but…

3 Likes

Durin, hence the alternate reality. You really are my bane on this aren’t you……

1 Like

I bet you lads are fun at parties

4 Likes

Dungeons And Dragons Flirting GIF

3 Likes

Melo is gonna be great. He will give us energy, passing and better control in the midfield than we’ve seen so far this season. He will add depth and help our young players to come through, while helping us to not overuse our older players and keep them in a perpetual state of exhaustion or minor injury.

When three leave next summer (at least) I reckon we will make Melo permanent and add Bellingham, and the job’s a good un. Summer 2023:

Henderson (Milner role)
Fabinho (still useful miles left on the clock)
Thiago (see Fabinho)

Melo (playing enough to help the group listed above, and below)

Elliott (an emerging boss for the right side of midfield)
Jones (does well, maybe not quite as well as Elliott, but he’s one to stay)
Bajcetic (sees minutes here and there, composure, long term replacement material for Fabinho?)

That’s seven midfielders, and Bellingham comes in as the eighth… not in rank, but just how I’m listing it out. He will find his feet and become a fixture here for years to come.

Sign me up for this midfield progression and evolution.

4 Likes

Yes he still is

And if they ever get invited to one I want to hear how they got on.

1 Like

2 Likes

We’d get on like a house in fire. People running away screaming and the emergency services called.

I wasn’t tolkien to you two.

2 Likes

Careful with discussing JRR, it’s Hobbit formin……….

You see I just liked this out of politeness.

these JRR jokes are Mordor…

1 Like

Where is the @ubermick bat signal?

5 Likes

Stop with these pathetic LOTR puns, they sauron.

Can’t think of another LOTR pun, all the good ones Aragorn

2 Likes

Only thing left to do is go drinking, which might leave you Legolas

2 Likes

Who? I thought he was a myth round here. @Limiescouse Points?

1 Like

In all seriousness (as much as we’ll ever have on what is effectively a hobby forum) (resisted the temptation) why was Mick so grouchy about puns? I remember him once saying you got a boat load of complaints about them?

If I remember correctly, I think Matt (or possibly one of the other mods) once said that some members complained about threads being sidetracked and it made them hard to follow.