The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I believe the saying applies here, “Penny wise, Pound foolish.”

FSG’s reluctance to invest in the club cost them money.

Europa league money is nowhere close to CL money.

3 Likes
1 Like

Thiago is a brilliant talent but you have to count on him missing a significant number of games due to his fragility.

I would be chuffed if our new midfield consisted of Mac Allister, Thuram, Kone with Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho, and Bajctetic in reserve.

Though realistically we might need to sell off Fabinho and Carvalho to afford the new midfielders. FSG is a sell to buy club after all.

I feel it’s far more likely that Carvalho gets the loan.

Bajcetic looks like an important young reserve/rotation player who is coming up well in our system.

I would sell Thiago to Barca c£20m plus his wages gets us another player…Barca keen if Dejong goes

Football Popcorn GIF by Liverpool FC

6 Likes

Can’t see us getting three new midfielders. Especially as the defence needs freshening too.

1 Like

I think if an offer for thiago comes in they’ll accept

I would say that’s a given for about all but a handful.

Of course everyone has a price but some will be easier to be accepted than others.

betcha Fabinho isn’t much more than that, at 6’3".

Yeah, the intertoobs say 78 kg

Homer Drool GIF

2 Likes

From the obligatory youtube scouting it felt like the lad Kone has a bit more bulk to him and is more of a bully. Thuram is not far off though. Put both in the same team and I can see opposition midfielders shitting bricks when having to play us.

No one is paying money to buy Thiago at this point. The only way he leaves is if we manufacture an exit for him. I think there is an argument to be made for doing that, but I dont think we will do it

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1664642062380158977?s=20

2 Likes

Oh he’s rather dishy

The player or his agent?

The bloke in the photo

There are three blokes :grin:

The main one trying to control the ball

2 Likes