The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

15 goals in the equivalent of 22 games is not a bad return for his first year.I think a lot of people look at the amount of chances he has missed and judge him more on that rather on what he has done.This season coming i think we will see a better return from the chances he gets but i think he needs to get to grips with the language otherwise we won’t see him realise his full potential.

1 Like

If we stick with the Trent move, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Hendo being the alternative. He can do a very reasonable job defensively from the RB spot and the move infield when in possession then seems pretty straight forward for him even if it makes that variation of the team more blunt than the one with Trent in it.

I think that makes more sense than trying to shoe horn a young full back into the role who already has a learning curve from just playing at a new level without having to completely change his role in the side at the same time. That gives us another year of seeing whether either the kids are capable of stepping up and another year, by which time we may want to use Trent more in a more orthodox deep midfield role than the switching role he’s been in the last 10 games, which then makes more room for a more traditional RB to step in

3 Likes

Yeh, it’s already happened. You might have to wait 24hrs before the next one, to allow some people to recover.

2 Likes

When did Trent actually move to midfield. It seemed to me more of a shift how he plays than anything else.

In fact would we be that effective if he just became a CM, wasn’t it Klopp trying a new system especially against teams that we would dominate the ball against?

I expect a development of that system further over the next 12 months.

2 Likes

Ramsey missed virtually the entire season, he’s been left behind in his development and he’s fallen behind Bradley who was excellent at Bolton.

Ramsey needs game time more than anything and he won’t be getting it at Liverpool.

2 Likes

He didn’t.

Until we see a game where he starts in a line-up which also includes another recognised RB or Gomez + 2 x CBs then I don’t see any justification for counting him as a midfielder.

I’m not saying it won’t ever happen, I just don’t see why people are so adamant to see him as a midfielder than a RB.

Back in the days when he was just bombing forward and overlapping with Salah, I didn’t see everyone counting him as a right winger.

3 Likes

Think he was managing an injury wasn’t he?

1 Like

Last one I remember is Danny Murphy.

Jury’s still out on Elliott.

There was always a tendency for him in previous seasons to play in a inverted attacking fullback role. Just that this season, the transition play requires him to transition more into a position where he’s probably running into the deep lying playmaker role.

It’s not as clear cut as him moving into midfield permanently. I do think he’ll move there in the future though. But the plan for the upcoming season is to still have him starting at RB and defending his natural RB position.

divock origi 2019 ucl final GIF by UEFA

2 Likes

Would you call being a super sub making it? Until the Everton bastard injured him (the season we got to the Europa League final) he was the leading striker but after that he never hit the same levels consistently.

2 Likes

Compounding your error (we needed two midfielders last summer)! We still need to get the midfielder(s) before looking at a forward :wink: :rofl:

Yep. Darwin needs to ‘evolve’ next season if he wants to be the natural selection up top. Fabio is very disappointing - something must have gone down as he just vanished.

Well the jury is back on Danny Murphy and he’s GUILTY of being a knobhead.
Scored a few (was it 2 or 3?) cracking winners against ManUtd and had two good seasons but he’s wayy down the list of former players.

No arguments there

1 Like

thought he was more of a spudead :0)

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/148qfem/ibrahima_konaté_quotes_about_khéphren_thuram/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Agent Ibou on the case

4 Likes

Pearce trotting out some vagueness and things we already know/strongly assume.

• Mac Allister was priority, now we’re assessing next options
  • Thiago will be here next season but expected to be off at the end of his deal
  • Same for Matip. No expectation that he’ll be sold this summer or sign a new deal
  • Klopp would like business done by July 8th but knows there’s challenges in doing that
  • Ward-Prowse isn’t a target
  • Pavard isn’t a target
  • Mount is too expensive and not a target
  • Had positive discussions with Gravenberch but Bayern not keen on selling
  • Whether it’s one more midfielder or two will depend on fees
  • Carvalho expected to go out on loan
  • Kelleher expected to stay
  • No expectation of adding to attacking options

Nothing overly insightful but if there’s some truth to things there then we can possibly assume;

Gomez will be back up right back with the Bradley as another option.
We’ll definitely get one more midfielder but a third one will depend on what that second one costs and what we spend on getting a centre back.
We’ll be covering Mo’s AFCON absence with the forward options we have.
We’ll be seeing two more senior players walk away on free next summer.

3 Likes

James Pearce for you.

is it just me or are more and more ITKs quoting that a ‘player has agreed terms but selling club not willing to sell’ (as per old mate above and gravenberch)

my special spidey senses tell me somethings not quite right with that scenario…