The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Can’t imagine Elliott or Jones going anywhere. Thiago to Saudi is the only option in midfield.
Can’t believe Nat Phillips is still at the club.

1 Like

I think Thiago will see out the contract and I’m with you I can’t see him shifting Elliott or Jones which effectively means there is Fabinho who retains saleable value, have thought about Matip and whether he would be moved on.

I do feel we won’t buy another midfielder, I do fully expect we will buy a CB.

I like the make up of the midfield at the moment with three senior pros, three young bucks and a couple of newbies right in the sweet spot. Another one of those would be ideal which is why I would rather get a Kone over a Lavia.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1675596014017806338?s=20

Just.

That looks like the tweet from earlier in the week, which Neil Jones I think it was who followed it with a tweet saying that while he was on our list of players we were monitoring we hadn’t followed it up - so I am curious to see whether there is any truth in this, or whether it is just a misunderstanding of where our interest was?

This one is from 10m ago.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1675597047288803330?s=20

1 Like

Can’t see LFC paying £50m for an academy aged player… Isn’t that just confirmation that the £50m we spent on building Kirkby has failed to produce enough talented youngsters up to now

1 Like

What year was it finished? Would we expect £50 million quid players yet? If it produces 20 @ £5 million quid each that’s fine isn’t plus the odx Trent or Curtis we’re laughing.

2 Likes

That’s weird logic. He’d literally be playing next to Alexander-Arnold and behind Jones.

4 Likes

Brewster and Williams alone nearly clear that.

3 Likes

We need a Fabinho with pace.

1 Like

I like the look of Lavia. Reminds me a bit of Caicedo. I hope we get him.

Mac
Szobo
Lavia
Jones
Elliott
Bajcetic
Trent* stepping into the midfield as a playmaker

That is some excellent options for years to come. What is left in the legs of old guard can help bring them through and rotate in as needed.

I have a feeling Thiago will be off, but it’s nothing more than a hunch.

2 Likes

3 academy graduates in the main squad already (Trent/Jones/Kelleher) with Bajcetic on his way as well

The academy has done pretty well of late. Could it be better , Sure.

I think Lavia is a phenomenal talent. One key adjective that keeps being used to describe him is “press-resistant.” I hope we get both him and Thuram, but if it came down to it I’d take Lavia over Thuram (a) because he’d qualify for home grown (or at least U21), and (b) because he’s Premier League-tested.

Here’s a video on Lavia that might be useful…

4 Likes

I think Salah has great commercial pull in the Arab-speaking world and the Saudis would love to have him. Amidst the euphoria of two excellent signings in MacAllister and Szoboszlai, I do hope that Schmadtke are quietly extending Mo Salah’s contract by a year or two, so that we can sell him to the Saudis at the end of next season for 300 quintillion pounds and a controlling stake in Aramco.

That way we can buy Mbappe.

1 Like

Literally.

1 Like

no way comedy GIF by CBC

1 Like

I am not so sure that Lavia is a better player then Bajcetic.

1 Like

Ya…My thoughts as well. Cant let him go on a free. Atleast 100-150 million is there for the taking from the Saudis.

2 Likes