The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Yep they paid double, panic buy after Mbappe fucked them. Tasy midfield that’s going to be though!

Om now do one of Pete’s missives

1 Like

Kroos, Modric and Casamiro. Could be good, but we wont know for sure until we see it on the pitch.

Yeah, I read £60-70m. Whatever it was, it was less than the deal with Madrid. I think they went all in there as soon as Mbappe decided to stay, and PSG were said to be interested in Tchouameni as well. Losing out on two deals to PSG would have been hard to take for them, I guess.

2 Likes

Heard it was because of a tax law thing between Spain and the location of Monaco being known as a tax haven so Real Madrid had to pay more so Monaco would net the same as our deal. Not that I’m upset about it or anything haha

1 Like

I wasn’t aware Bournemouth had been annexed by Italy.

5 Likes

I think Nat still has 3 years on his deal. If he has a solid season in the Prem - and presumably he will play for Bournemouth and see plenty of action - his fee might easily double, from say £10M to £20M. He will get a decent body of Prem work under his belt and there might be more teams in for him too.

It’s a bit of a strange one that he hasn’t been snapped up, as he exceeded expectations when he played for us.

Loan fee for this season, an extra 10M next summer? Might be something like that.

2 Likes

So we got Darwin, great, welcome lad. Who’s next?

Matheus Nunes by the sounds of it. Ward going back to his roots :worried:

Most reports I can see are about him heading to Wolves.

Twitter seems to suggest we are interested but I can’t find anything remotely reliable.

Wolves seem to being the reported team amongst the actual sport outlets.

1 Like

Ward’s checklist;

• Plays in Portugal
  • Came from extreme poverty or hardship
8 Likes

Not sure that’s a great endorsement when your own mother is beyond surprised that you aren’t a thief or dealer. Sounds like he’s more likely to fit in at Everton…

1 Like
3 Likes

Shouldn’t give that lying prick airtime!

1 Like

So what do we reckon, summer incomings done?

Still a midfielder to come perhaps?

All entirely dependent on ongoings?

Probably need to move some players on before we can bring in anyone else. I do think if there is any chance to get Bellingham we will try and get it done but if not I could see Klopp sticking with what he has got.

Maybe a GK if something happens with Kelleher/Adrian, maybe a midfielder (though I really doubt it), but in terms of incomings I think we’re done. That’s counting that Ramsay kid of course.

Now time to get the usual suspects out.

Yeah, our squad was big enough last year that even if we do move some on that shouldn’t be taken as making room for new signings, only cutting it down to the right size. So far we have already confirmed the exit of Karius and Origi, and we can assume Mane is on the way. I feel we’d probably have to lose 2 more first team players, likely Taki and Ox, before we brought in another genuine first team player for the midfield.

2 Likes

But, we do have the option for five subs this year which means that bench needs to be deep and varied.

I know Klopp liked to talk about a small group but he’s seen enough PL seasons now to know that a small group can’t sustain a challenge on four fronts.

The wage bill is an interesting one. Nunez is on a big wedge but I’ve no idea what Carvalho is on. But with Mane, Taki, Origi and possibly Ox going that feels like a decent chunk had been freed up. Add to that the likes of Milner signing a reduced deal, Karius going and the likes of Williams, Phillips etc then even accounting for Diaz arriving mid season it feels like overall that base salary figure has will have come down.

Now, maybe we needed to bring it down a bit to balance out the renewals that have been signed but if not, it feels like the money should be there to bring one more in at a reasonable salary level.

3 Likes