The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Well, this isn’t the reliable rumours thread.

3 Likes

Diaz has a lot of fight in him but is very inconsistent with his finishing.

Salah’s situation would probably divide the fanbase between the options to sell him to Saudis for 1xx million pounds and to keep him here for 1/2/3 years but I guess that the vast majority would be in the “keep” camp.

With Diaz, I’m getting the impression that there isn’t clamour from majority of Liverpool fans to keep him here. On one hand, we have a super dribbler with immense stamina but, on the other hand, we have an inconsistent finisher in a team that’s spurning a lot of good chances. If Liverpool can get the rumoured 75 million euros/pounds for him, I’d probably accept it if it was up to me.

2 Likes

Salah won’t go to Saudi unless he is crocked.

With Diaz, I get the impression that a lot of fans haven’t taken to him because he isn’t Mané. Well he is a different sort of player but he definitely has his strengths. I can remember long periods when the same fans were saying that Mané was finished and that he wasn’t producing the goods.

2 Likes

I’m one of them, I don’t hide it. We’ve had a fair share of quality players during Klopp’s era but Mane was the one who pushed us to the next level, it all started with him. I’m not sure if Diaz would have been such a transformative signing under the same circumstances, to be honest. If Hughes can get us the winger who will be of similar level to Mane at his best, I’ll gladly have that player instead of Diaz, even if he was more expensive.

2 Likes

The question is, who is that player?

2 Likes

France Football GIF by DAZN

:grimacing:

Diaz’s father shitting on the club also doesn’t help. Even the kidnappers obviously wanted rid.

2 Likes

Good show, although I’ve heard the last couple of seasons are a bit shit…

I find it really disrespectful.

The club did really well by him and his son during the kidnapping ordeal. They gave Diaz time off on a ‘come back when you feel ready’ arrangement, sorted out a private jet to bring him over and have helped with accommodation and visa issues.

In return the fucking prick has spent seemingly every day trying to engineer a move for his son, Spain, France, wherever.

Not cool.

5 Likes

Certainly Chiesa, Kvaratskhelia and Leao from Italy. Maybe Mitoma from Brighton. Fitness and availability permitting of course.

1 Like

None of those players are close to as good as Mane in all honesty.

1 Like

Mane wasn’t as good when he joined us as Mane became with us, in all honesty.

Some of them are better than Mane was when he joined us and also will be difficult to purchase.

Let alone that we’re not on a mission to find a Sadio Mane clone, which is impossible.

Diaz at 27 most probably doesn’t have the room or time left to reach Mane’s level. Let’s first see if something even happens here or not.

We’ll see what happens this summer when cards get shuffled again. If he stays, by the summer of 2025, there will have to be a decision made, seeing as then he will have 2 years left.

Klopp never keeps players who want to go, presume the new guy will be the same. This could all be tabloid click bait, it could be a negotiating tactic, it may be true. Whichever way, it’s a distraction we don’t need at this point in this hugely important season.
Diaz won’t get a better situation than he’s now in, unless he just wants to line his pockets and play in an inferior league, but players and their advisors aren’t always clever enough to look at the big picture.
I just hope he continues to give his all as long as he’s at the club.

1 Like

Well, we can’t control outside noise. Even if part of it was his dad’s, that’s true.

But I don’t see a player who is distracted. I see he’s giving his all and we’re focused on trying to have the best end to the season as possible.

The rest we’ll have to wait and see.

3 Likes

But Mo has wanted to go since the day he signed. I know this goes I read it on the internet, so it must be true

1 Like

True but there really isn’t one outstanding winger that could replicate peak Mane.

Compared to Diaz though, some of them have the potential/ability to be better.

If Diaz wants off, highest price, we move on. He is good, but replaceable. The new man can reinvest to suit.

Mo is trickier, as he is irreplaceable, in a way, but the conundrum there is age, wage, and diminishing output in the future. Oh, and one year left in his contract after this season.

I’ve already said my view there, and Mo will do what he feels best. From my perspective it would be:

1. Keep, sign an extension, say 2 yrs.
  2. Sell for best price this summer, new manager reinvest.
  3. Wind down deal and leave on a Bosman.

yes please.

I hope this is a case of something getting lost in translation. If it isn’t, then it is not cool at all.