The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Yeah, expected as it’s now time for some proper links about a new CB.

The Telegraph’s Guehi link is in today’s BBC gossip. Also there are these dubious rumours from non-UK sources.

Manchester United and Liverpool are among a host of Premier League sides interested in Atalanta defensive midfielder Ederson, with Arsenal, Newcastle and Tottenham also monitoring the 24-year-old Brazilian. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

Aston Villa are preparing to open the bidding for Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Oscar Gloukh - the 19-year-old Israeli who has also caught the eye of Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle United and Barcelona - with an offer of 20m euros (£17m). (Ekrem Konur)

Has he even played 10? Also didn’t he just sign for them or sign an extension?

Huh?

We should go for the Brazilian Ronald who plays for Swansea he has pace and electric skill and he is young perfect replacement for Salah

Of course, nobody would want to see Robbo leave but this might be a good move for him at this stage of his career, particularly with a new manager coming in who might want someone younger and who has the pace that Robbo has lost a bit.

Liverpool and Scotland left-back Andy Robertson, 29, is the top target for German champions Bayern Munich as they plan how to replace Canada international Alphonso Davies, who looks set to join Real Madrid. (Daily Mail)

And there is this:
Liverpool are interested in signing Porto and Argentina midfielder Alan Varela, 22. (Mirror)

Behave!

8 Likes

Robbo is still one of very best LB in Europe at least and can be for at least a couple of seasons which by then his contract would expire. I would keep him as the new manager to stabilize the team, its a position that we are not in a hurry to change, with Robbo and Tsimi probably one of the best situations we can have in terms of first choice and backup. The quality is high. But having said that, if Robbo wants a new challenge like Mane did or if Bayern submits a ridiculous offer considering he still has 2 years left, it is not impossible to look at renewing this position in summer.

9 Likes

Problem is we start losing players all over the place.

We will have enough overhaul in the summer to not start doing ourselves damage.

4 Likes

For now, I wouldn’t welcome it. We’ll see what happens with the new director and especially manager arriving. We might not need more than a few players here and there. You’d hope or think that we’ll agree new deals with at least someone or a few of the Trent, Virgil and Salah trio. Possibly in that order of easiest to hardest. But like I said, we have no idea right now what might happen in terms of outgoings. We can have more of an idea what we might need to bring, regardless of the mentioned above. With Robbo, I’m delighted with our LB options. I think he’s fine right now and for the near future. He might still be very solid in his 30’s, but sometimes I do feel his drop (whenever it is) might come sudden and rapid. As he’s basically tied to one position and isn’t a “Trent” calibre of talent.

2 Likes

Animated GIF

Anyone else read that in this voice? :joy:

2 Likes

Doesn’t everyone ?

2 Likes

I wrote it in that voice.

1 Like

Should have been ‘oh behave’ then Craig. Hope the boot design isn’t too stressful and weakening your TAN game.

Is there another voice?

I’ll have you know that I have many strings to my bow, apart from rapping and football boots, I also invented the software program the ‘Butler,’ a device that shows what has been removed from minibars in hotel bedrooms.
I’m now a photographer (I think).

1 Like

so talented and with so many strings to your bow, you’re losing track of what your currently doing?

I’m conflicted AL. Obviously, being a true legend like CJ is a dream come true, but it has a dark side. It means being tainted with associations of an unpleasantly antipodean nature.
So you can see why it’s tricky.

Robbo is a smashing player and I hope he stays. It’s understandable why Bayern Munich want him, if Davies leaves them.

I’m chilled about the whole situation and it will all depend on what the new manager will want to do. Arguably he might want three at the back and someone like Hincapie might come in. Then the wider left sided player might be Robbo, or it could be someone else even more attacking and more like a winger or even a wide forward. They might already be here, or a new player might come in.

If it is Alonso, he will likely be thrilled to work with such a talented squad, and it’s all there - kids too - to shape into something special indeed. With that said, whoever the new manager is will likely want to put his own stamp on it with a couple of key signings, and at that point, we might be a bit surprised as to who could be on the exit ramp. Not many, of course, but there are very few that are untouchable.

1 Like

Show us yer pic…
:scream::wink::rofl: