The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

There used to be a forummer in the old TIA forum that insisted that Agger is world class. He is not, was not but could have if he had more luck with injuries but never world class. Unlike Thiago, who even though was always injured, had already proven his quality at the world class level prior.

But for both these players, they have earned our respect not really through their playing contributions but through their respect for the club and the fans and for that, they will always be one of the best players we had.

Agger, David Luiz, and especially Sergio Ramos are examples of overrated defenders because of their attacking ability, rather than their pure defensive ability.

Putting Agger in the same category at Luiz is frankly absurd.

9 Likes

Best player we had whoā€™s body could not keep up was Rob Jones.

2 Likes

I always thought that if Rob Jones could stay fit, Gary Neville wouldnā€™t have seen any England action, and would be regarded as an average right back for his generation. Jones was so fast and assured. Great shame he had injury problems.

Runs childrenā€™s nurseries now, I think I read a while ago, with his wife? Good luck to him.

4 Likes

Skrtel was one of my favourite players during that time.

Shite but stuck his head anywhere and tried hard. Remember his two goals against Arsenal in like 10 minutes that infamous 2014 season.

I was pleased easier back then.

3 Likes

I enjoyed his lack of vowels.

Not a fan of emptying Diaz,he has has a couple of hiccups in his time here,which we all know about,but he is back on song lately.Any talk of letting him go,unless he wants out,is way premature.

3 Likes

Sell them all, they are all shiteā€¦*

*thatā€™s right isnā€™t it?

2 Likes

But keep (insert flavour of the month here).

Yeah keep him, heā€™s top notchā€¦

Sure but does he know how to setup the cones?

https://x.com/scoutsattending/status/1773356213322879372?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

1 Like

Looks a quality player, loved some of his passing

1 Like

Liverpool , Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig are ready to battle it out for Juventusā€™ Dean Huijsen, 18, with the Spanish defender catching the eye this season during a loan spell with Roma . (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

Never heard of him. :man_shrugging:

Heā€™s tall (1.97m) and two-footed, apparently. Turns 19 next month.

2 Likes

Too old, worried about the resale value not being there in 15 years.

The former has been heavily linked with Man United. I havenā€™t watched the latter but there was some talk of our clubā€™s interest in him last December or January - he is supposed to have signed a new contract with them, though.

1 Like

Gray has spent most of the season playing at right back

1 Like

Yeah Gray is a right back.

He is really impressive when Iā€™ve seen Leeds but itā€™s an area we are stocked and even if we were to sell Trent or move him into the middle or further forward, Bradley is the same age and we have Ramsey.

For what it is worth I think he will be a CM in future, and he came through the youth system there, but Leeds tend to keep him away from midfield after he was pretty poor in their first month or two of the season (when he did play at CM). They wanted him in the team to convince him to commit his future there and also because he adds a bit of quality on the ball and a good passing range, but itā€™s clear that Leeds donā€™t yet see him as capable of being a CM in a Championship title chasing team.

2 Likes