The Walking Eagle thread

Real piece of work he is…

1 Like

The Durham report is out and both it and the coverage is a predictable mess.

If you read anything about it remember:

• Crossfire hurricane, the initial counter intelligence investigation was launched in response to the FBI being informed by Australia of knowledge of Russia’s intention to offer help to the Trump campaign. The focus of the investigation was Russia, not Trump or even the Trump campaign, and its important to remember that it was opened shortly after they learned of the hacks of the DNC and Podesta, which they already suspected was done by Russia.

• The much focused on stele dossier was technically reported to the FBI prior to the opening of CH, but was being processed via an organized crime unit of a NYC field office. It was not until the CH investigation opened that the dossier made its way to that team as a possible relevant piece of info and so is unrelated to the origins of the investigation.

• Trump himself did not become a target of any investigation until he fired Comey, the man who in his position as head of the department running CH was getting into Trump’s orbit.

Durham’s investigation last nearly twice as long as Muller’s and produced not a single conviction (Clinesmith’s wrong doing was actually identified by the OIG whose review predated Durham’s appointment). In the end, regardless of what he says about it as a summary, his own report states that the FBI was entirely correct to open the investigation when they did, his only quibble being a distinction in the type of investigation they launched (preliminary vs full), a distinction that DOJ insiders are saying is a trivial, always subject to personal interpretation and critically would have made no difference in the steps taken in starting the investigation.

He also buries the conclusion that had the FBI been as transparent in their actions as his top line conclusions say they should have been, it would have required full disclosure of the investigation, which is the exact opposite outcome to what he claims the political purpose of the investigation was.

2 Likes

Credit to Garland for allowing the investigation to continue when he could have just killed it. In the end , all that Durham has to offer is opinion. What an absolute farce.

Opinion that is frequently contradicted by the details of his own report.

Looks like Jack Smith is about to pull the trigger.

The Espionage Act…lol

1 Like

If the rumours are true about Mark Meadows co-operating with the Special Counsel then Trump is sunk. He would be able to incriminate him not only in the documents case but also down in Georgia , the wider fake electors scheme and attempted coup , and also Jan 6. Remember that his top aide , Cassidy Hutchinson , has already given evidence under oath implicating him in all of them.

2 Likes

Interestingly I was reading a piece by Joyce Alene the other day that suggested the punishment the DOJ are likely to pursue in the documents case is going to look disappointingly trivial to a lot of people. She made the case that the more senior the person is the bigger security risk there is in pursuing harsh punishment and so that factors into the charging decisions. She has claimed they are likely not going to be pursuing jail time despite the seriousness of the case, and only bine headed conduct by trump from here on out will force their hand in that way.

Which she also acknowledges is a possibility :joy:

3 Likes

Trump indicted on seven counts. Arraignment Tuesday in Miami.

"There was a time, not that long ago really, when Donald J. Trump said he cared about the sanctity of classified information. That, of course, was when his opponent was accused of jeopardizing it and it was a useful political weapon for Mr. Trump.

Throughout 2016, he castigated Hillary Clinton for using a private email server instead of a secure government one. “I’m going to enforce all laws concerning the protection of classified information,” he declared. “No one will be above the law.” Mrs. Clinton’s cavalier handling of the sensitive information, he said, “disqualifies her from the presidency.”

Freed article here : https://archive.is/F7j80

1 Like

Lock him up !

1 Like

He will get a friendly/biased jury in FL and I expect the outcome to be a slap on the wrist. He will use it (already is) to raise money and drive home one of his main talking points, which is that politics is rotten, that there’s a deep state that he is trying to confront, to drain the swamp and make America great again, but unfortunately he can’t get a fair shake because they keep bringing lawsuits against him. Elect him President and he will finish the clean up job.

Millions will buy it.

Just reading the details of the unsealed indictment.

It is beyond terrifying that there is no mechanism preventing this bloke from being in charge again.

I think that one of the charges (espionage maybe) precludes anybody from holding public office if found guilty.

Ah…I didn’t know that.

Everything I’ve read says that he could run from prison if it came to it!!!

Can you believe what’s in the indictment ?!

I think we might just have reached a tipping point now. Some of this stuff is simply indefensible.

I read this earlier and nearly peed my pants

https://twitter.com/ericmichel/status/1667155535957819398?s=20

It’s fucking bonkers.

The pics of the archive boxes in random places around his gaudy shithole…

It’s almost sad.

He must effectively pass every thought in his head through a ‘What can I steal here?’ filter.

2 Likes

Just saw Smith is about to make a public statement

Jack Smith!

Boris!!

CHAOS!!!

1 Like